Notifications
Clear all

I use crypto.com app personally on a daily basis and its great and takes the stress out of learning crypto and the crypto debit cards are great, ask me anything on this. I will probably make a thread discussing crypto soon. REFERRAL CODE = p5mu64hcq4

Wayfarer:The Outer Reaches

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Moderator
Topic starter  

Interesting looking one this http://brightspritegames.com/ Looks to be in the same mould as Rodina and Pulsar.Their some more info about on the website.

Looks like they had some thing on that Twitch TV thing the other week so here hopping that we hear some more about it in the near future.

0000000471674.jpeg

Theirs some videos on Youtube most of them from about 9 months ago.

Cruisin1500
(@cruisin1500)
Master Chief Registered

Love the music. Looks like my kind of game! I always wanted a game like Universal Combat, but with the internal ship gameplay and simulation of FTL or WTF...or this! ๐Ÿ™‚

ReplyQuote
ExpandingMan
(@expandingman)
Warrant Officer Registered

I have been following this since it first appeared on Steam Greenlight.  They somehow give the impression (at least to me) that it will be much bigger and more sophisticated than Pulsar: Lost Colony, which is, as far as I know, the only other project of this type.  Realistically, that's not exactly based on any concrete evidence, so who knows.

Unfortunately, the developers seem to have been relatively silent for quite a while now, so I am not particularly optimistic that they are well situated for such an ambitious project (since we seem to be at a point in history where successful developers are extremely communicative with their potential costumers).  I suppose there is some hope that they are merely in a state of preparation for their Kickstarter campaign on which they surely know their success or failure depends. 

I am definitely feeling a deepening sense of frustration that there ever seem to be many exciting projects on the horizon but nothing particularly momentous ever seems to materialize.  Admittedly the projects for which I am most excited and hopeful have stated from the beginning that they won't release anything until the end of 2014 so perhaps I am being a bit unreasonable.  Regardless, I find myself quite a bit more dubious about Wayfarer than I was 6 months ago.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

I was not aware that they had already been greenlighted on Steam and looking at a reply from the 1 of this month http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/updates/138262604/1390861553 it does look as if they are getting ready to run a Kickstart.

ReplyQuote
Cruisin1500
(@cruisin1500)
Master Chief Registered

Very similar to Pulsar. I wonder who is further along. With pulsar planning to release in the summer this year? Or is that just a demo, I am very much looking forward to pulsar!

I also prefer the regular updates from them, since this one seems to have gone slightly dark as they are now preparing for ks...I swear there should be a crowd fund called kick finish.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Well the alpha for Pulsar out 25 of this month http://spacesimcentral.com/ssc/topic/3889-pulsar-lost-colony/page-2 so in less they have been busy in the last few months no way will the be out before Pulsar.

From what little info they have said about the game it looks like it will have a far stronger single player game than Pulsar along with more RPG elements.Also it give the impression that there will be only one ship although it go on to say that you can find ship blue prints maybe they are for building fighter or shuttles for the mothership?.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

According to their Twitter page they are doing another Q&A on the 12 of Feb https://twitter.com/bsgstudio

Bright Sprite Games รขโ‚ฌย@bsgstudio Feb 6

Don't forget to tune in at #twitchtv channel to catch the next Wednesday's (12th) Live stream. http://tinyurl.com/c8h2smm  follow 4 notifications

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

On Wednesday Brightsprite games held another Live stream on Twitch TV, this time they remembered to make a recording of it.

Not been able to watch all it myself yet but according to the Youtube info they go over the GUI, FPS controls and a preview of the hanger and out side of the ship also says they will be back next week with look at the inside of the ship.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Hmm Permadeath with dropping gear, kinda like this and you also can die from food/drink, etc... not bad.

ReplyQuote
Bayliun
(@bayliun)
Crewman Registered

Hey Guys, BrightSpriteGames here, i love checking around all these lovely little space forums to hear your opinions on the game and its progress. Yes it was a while especially over Christmas where we went silent there for a bit but rest assured we are back now in full swing and doing live streams bi-weekly to show off our progress and what we are working towards. Great to hear your thoughts and don't forget for the latest updates to follow us over at Twitter or on Facebook !

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Welcome to the forums guys looking forward to hearing and seeing more about the game as I understand it we will getting a look at the inside of the ship in you next stream.

ReplyQuote
Bayliun
(@bayliun)
Crewman Registered

Tune in tonight at 8PM GMT over at our twitch tv page http://tinyurl.com/c8h2smm

catch the Livestream of the first spaceship tour and a sneaky preview of the planet stoddaria !

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Wont be able to get to see the live stream but I hope you remember to record it and lets have less of the firing the gun which made the last one hard to listen too.

ReplyQuote
Bayliun
(@bayliun)
Crewman Registered

Hey guys you can check out the latest live stream video and ship tour here !! 

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Impressive video of the inside of the ship ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Couple of question about the game will their be a third person view or is it all in first person and does the inside of the ship fit the outside or is their some Tardis games going? on.

Also how strong will the single player game be?.

Love the look of the escape pods shades of StarWars their.

escapepod_zpsf41adc87.jpg

ReplyQuote
Bayliun
(@bayliun)
Crewman Registered

At the moment we are designing the game with a first person perspective as not to break immersion. However there are 3rd person views available in certain areas such as the spaceships and vehicles.

The single player and the multi-player are exactly the same you just have the option of bringing your friends along with you. You are free to go where you want at any time and it is up to you how you choose to progress through the game. That being said if you head to a high threat level planet without the appropriate gear you will probably find yourself coming up short !

ReplyQuote
Thargoid
(@thargoid)
Senior Chief Registered

Looks good!

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

The single player and the multi-player are exactly the same you just have the option of bringing your friends along with you. You are free to go where you want at any time and it is up to you how you choose to progress through the game. That being said if you head to a high threat level planet without the appropriate gear you will probably find yourself coming up short !

Good to hear that their will be a strong single player game as I think Pulsar is going to be more focused on multi player.

Also be great that you can carry vehicles between the planets and the crafting system looks to be quite involved.

Wayfarer bears more than a passing resemblance to Precursors and I was wondering how you will handle the planets in the game, will they be like Frontier as in a whole planet which you can fly around or like Precursors which had x number of square kilometer which could be explored around the landing points.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Start of a weekly dev diary for Wayfarer this week a bit the look of space and what you can find and landing gear of the ship, hope they do the dust and trees being blown back as the mention in the vid. ๐Ÿ˜Ž

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Guess this game is dead since there hasn't been a peep since 2014? Shame it had some promise.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Aye it does look that way, maybe it will come back at some point.

ReplyQuote