Notifications
Clear all

Game Reviews by members of the station

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

I have brought this up before, but if any member of the station wants to write a review/preview/article on a scifi/space game or mod and wants it posted on the site I can change your permissions so you have the access to create blog entries. The game or mod that you write about can be either a old or new game/mod, so if you want to do a write up a 20-30yro game go for it.

All I ask is on a review, please give pros/cons. I won't edit your review, but I may add tags, adjust the title or links or pics if needed for SEO purposes (hint: this is so google indexes your work better).

So @Gaius-Konstantine is now the first reporter.... so we will be waiting to see what he puts out... no pressure 😉

A heads up, both down in the footer is current articles on the site and if you navigate to 'Homepage -> Reviews and Articles' that will take you to what I have written over the years.

This topic was modified 4 years ago 2 times by DarkOne

Gaius Konstantine
(@gaius-konstantine)
Warrant Officer Reporter

Posted by: @sscadmin

so we will be waiting to see what he puts out... no pressure

Gee... thanks a lot. 

Ok folks, I wont keep you waiting long, we have the advantage here where we are all fans and part of a community where I feel I can be a bit less formal than I am at other sites where I do this.

We also have another advantage in that the reviews I will post won't be based on a few hours game play. I will be discussing games that I have spent considerable hours with. I believe that this is the best way to truly see the strengths and weaknesses of any tittle. Of course, (insert evil laugh here), writing as an independent gamer that does not receive games for free, also means I can be brutally honest when needed.

With some luck, the first one will be up tomorrow, after which I will try and do one or two every month. Should anyone else want to do this, and need some help, send me a pm and I will gladly lend a hand.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Be as negative or positive as you like, I look at it as that any review saves me money but more importantly my time. But reviews bring a lot of value when they are truly done correctly, I true to post pros/cons and my opinion how this game could be better.

Don't worry or stress about any time table.... we all work for free here 🙂 I won't throw ya in the brig for low performance 🤣 

ReplyQuote
Gaius Konstantine
(@gaius-konstantine)
Warrant Officer Reporter

As I like my butt out of the brig, I'll be working on the second one during the week, this time something a bit more recent. I'm also lining up a few other games to talk about with you guys, from some very niche tittles to 4Xs to everything space related I can get my hands on. It helps that I'm a sucker for space, (thought we would have a moon base by now).

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

I am almost done playing Styx Master of Shadows (which is actually a pretty good stealth game) and then I will play through Eterium, I have it loaded on my machine and did tutorial mission thus far and I really need to spend some time with the controls because I am having a rough time with it. But that will be the next space game I will review. I might also load up some of the older reviewed games to capture a screenshot, since they got lost in the site migration a few years ago.

ReplyQuote
Gaius Konstantine
(@gaius-konstantine)
Warrant Officer Reporter

@sscadmin

You sound like you have a real passion for games... and quite a few tittles sitting on the shelf and collecting dust. I think I have a little over 100 games total, and out of those, I haven't gotten to quite a few. I hate to imagine what's on your shelf, lol.

ReplyQuote