Notifications
Clear all

Real Life Stuff - God 2016 has sucked.

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

Hey Everyone

I usually keep the private goings of my life private but I thought I would share some things just so people don't think I am neglecting the site and stuff like that. I know I have some work to do before the end of the year and finding the time (and motivation) has been tough to get the site converted so please have some understanding if there is some hiccups or I drop items from the conversion or not restore certain things. The conversion will be probably not be the prettiest looking, but all of the information will be there (i hope). πŸ˜‰

This year has been hell for me personally and I would love to be actually on SSC station deep in space right now. But I happen to be stuck on earth πŸ™

So a little of my painful year. I have been in a custody battle with my first ex-wife for over 2yrs and there is some good news I got to keep one of my kids but it sure is costing me a ton monthly and bunch in lawyer fees (the rest of this rant I will keep to the political forums one day). But in that process my ex-wife played pretty dirty and tried to get my present wife and kids in trouble with the law a few times. Well after many years of having to deal with my first wife from hell I am now going through a divorce which will be finalized probably this month (nothing like starting over yet again). And now just yesterday my mom finally passed away after a battle with MS and other conditions. πŸ™

(Love ya mom, and you rest now with dad)

So if I haven't been around I have been dealing with all that stuff this year and I really do hope life gets better in 2017 because I sure need it. Thank you everyone for your help these past few months (especially Pinback) and your patience. I am trying and I will do my best to get this place switched over and running again because I have to get this site moved or it goes down when my host upgrades PHP/Apache (thats what I get for setting and forgetting, heh it was working so why touch it right). I will keep everyone posted on upgrade process and maybe let a few people peek at what I am doing and give thoughts. But the main thing is to move the data over and not loose much, any theme work or beautification stuff can be worked on later.

-D1-

Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered

You have my sympathies, D1 - real life can be a grade-A bitch at times, as I know to my cost.

Being in my sixties, I'm past all that womanising stuff - deteriorating health is my problem.

Oolite Naval AttachΓ©

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

D, I am very sorry to hear of your present difficulty and please have my condolences with regards to the passing of your mum. You need some time for yourself right now so please don't worry about the forum. We will all be here when you feel ready to come back. For now, I send you my best wishes & hopes for the future.

Look after yourself.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

You have my sympathies, D1 - real life can be a grade-A bitch at times, as I know to my cost.

Being in my sixties, I'm past all that womanising stuff - deteriorating health is my problem.

Thanks Cody. And I definitely hear you on getting older, watching loved ones pass or get sick makes me think a lot of my life choices and trying to do the best things for myself and keep myself kicking for as long as I can. I never want to be in a nursing home, they treated my mom like crap especially after she ran out of money and it was just the govt floating the bill. But who can afford paying $10k a month for ever?

Here is to your health Cody and I hope we are both still chatting it up on SSC 15-20yrs from now πŸ™‚

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

D, I am very sorry to hear of your present difficulty and please have my condolences with regards to the passing of your mum. You need some time for yourself right now so please don't worry about the forum. We will all be here when you feel ready to come back. For now, I send you my best wishes & hopes for the future.

Look after yourself.

Thanks Geraldine. I know it will all still be here, well least until the new year so I have to get my butt in gear and start working on it all so it will be functional come the new year. I have been doing my best to looking after myself πŸ˜‰

ReplyQuote
CaptainKal
(@captainkal)
Commander Registered

My deepest condolences for your mother D1. And in spite of your RL issues, you are doing a damn fine job, keeping this site alive!!!      

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

My deepest condolences for your mother D1. And in spite of your RL issues, you are doing a damn fine job, keeping this site alive!!!      

I will keep it alive don't worry about that. It may not look as pretty as it does now when I get done πŸ™‚

And thank you CaptainKal.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Condolences for your loss D1, it's always hard when you lose a parent.

ReplyQuote
SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered

Oh mate I am really so sorry to hear about all this you've been going through. All I can say is that I hope you stay strong, it's bound to get better at some point. It sounds cheesy but that's all we can hope for in life you know.

If you'd like some help with the forum, feel free to give me the permission to remove topics so I can help you with the spam removal. Just a thought. I'm slowly becoming active again so I'll be around here as I used to be.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Thanks SolCommand. Yeah its just been tough to focus time on this project, I run into snags too. Especially with trying to convert things in IPB to Wordpress. Like usual not everything converts smoothly so I have to manage. I think I found a download manager plugin that will get the job done and its secure (or least looks it), only bad thing you don't have descriptions or anything like that its like your using a FTP. I just have to buy the plugin and check it out and hope it does what I want. I will probably scrap the gallery since no one uses it and the user blogs.

I hope 2017 will be a much better year than 2016.

ReplyQuote