Notifications
Clear all

SSC Outage (yup was GoDaddy)

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

I have had issues getting into the site for the past 36-48hrs, no updates were perform and to my knowledge nothing core related has been done to the site to cause this.

After going to GoDaddy support there was hundreds of people complaining their sites were down so I take it this was a provider issue and it looks like everything is doing okay because the site is online again... 

So all looks good 🙂

I have been thinking about moving providers just haven't decided yet.

Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered

Posted by: @sscadmin

I have had issues getting into the site for the past 36-48hrs

Yep, same here (for several days). Problems started at the weekend, D1, and it's still patchy.

Oolite Naval Attaché

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

This is their sole job to provide their customers 99% uptime, I know they must have backup servers/clusters to cover hardware failure. Unsure why it took GoDaddy (a huge company) 48hrs+ to get people back online? They are making millions per month at the least they should have a good disaster recovery plan in place. Because this type of stuff happening makes you want to switch providers... I can forgive 1-2hrs of downtime but when its several days its unacceptable and they should reimburse people or give a credit against your next renewel.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Same here, started Saturday for me but was able to get in on Sunday but then went patchy mostly with he site just timing out or refusing to load.

ReplyQuote
D.C.Elington
(@d-c-elington)
Warrant Officer Registered

I noticed it too, that lasted for an unusually long time for sure 🙁

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

I will try to remember to do a full site backup this coming weekend and download all the files and db again (just in case). 

ReplyQuote
Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered

Gives one a nice warm feeling, does a full back-up!

Oolite Naval Attaché

ReplyQuote
Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered

Still a bit patchy here, D1 - what are GoDaddy saying?

Oolite Naval Attaché

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Yes has been a flaky since Sunday. 

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

There has been no direct news or post from GoDaddy about the issues.... only comments in their forums/support portal. Every time I have tried coming to SSC I been able to get in, so thats been good at least. I think I am up to renew in Oct/Nov, if godaddy continues to fail I may have no choice but to move. 

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Still having problems with getting into the site, did not work at all yesterday.

Edit seems to be working better from Thursday onwards. 

This post was modified 2 years ago by Pinback

ReplyQuote
Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered

Here, it was bad yesterday (Friday), but is much better today. Settling down, perhaps?

Oolite Naval Attaché

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

I did notice when I logged in 2days ago that the theme was kinda messed up and there was no patches or fixes that I could find that were applied. So I was able to fix the theme but everything else seemed fine, luckily whenever I have tried to hit the site its always been available. But I will definitely be monitoring this situation for the next few months since I need to renew at the end of the year and if it continues I will need to move somewhere else.

ReplyQuote