Notifications
Clear all

Chris Roberts Star Citizen

Page 18 / 18

Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Yes and new cross chassis options have prompted much melting and nashing of ships!

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator
Topic starter  

And SC hit's one million backers of the game. https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15007-Letter-From-The-Chairman

ReplyQuote
Pyros
(@pyros)
Master Chief Registered

Impressive number of backers.

Now, if the development quality and pace was half as impressive...

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Monthly wall of text about what's been going on in SC. https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15043-Monthly-Studio-Report

Also a weekly update which has a short video of the new ship UI https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15045-Weekly-Development-Update lot button pushing and things to fiddle with.

ReplyQuote
DiabloTigerSix
(@diablotigersix)
Master Chief Registered

wow wow wow

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Monthly wall of text is out https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15105-Monthly-Studio-Report

Also see something about version 2 which has been updated/patched or something and I read that they are close to the 100 million mark now, which is pretty impressive for a crowd funded game.

Edit is over the 100 Mil mark https://robertsspaceindustries.com/funding-goals

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Alpha 2.0 is live. Ive tried it but still very buggy in parts....

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Can't find an update thread so I will just put it here, Alpha 3.5 bug fixes new planet, women and fiddling with the flight model again.

ReplyQuote
Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered

At times there, I thought I was watching Wolfenstein in Space!

Oolite Naval Attaché

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

That's a nice city

Years ago on this forum I used to say " a GTA like city in space" , looks like we are finally getting close to it, granted it's not single player.

Now what would happen if you jumped off.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Judging by what happened to me at Lorville (another starport in the game with a city around it) I fell through the scenery. Still lots of work to do it seems. 😉

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

I don't think they will ever finish it, more like a continuous WIP.

I might actually get around to down loading it one day but still on the look out for a single player with this sort of detail in it.

Maybe Starfield will be it as Bethesda have the deep pockets required to spend on this type of detail in a game.

Edit I change the title of this thread, as it's not really a new game now.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Its a nice visual when your flying above it but that is it.... its a shame you cannot interact with any of it 🙁

Falling through city, planet or anything really shouldn't be happening personally, especially after 7yrs of development... yeah I guess I am a little sour about this game in general. I was not expecting development to take this long and not even looking close to being done..... ? I agree Pinback, I think 5 yrs from now it will still not be a released game.

Right now I am just looking forward to playing Squadron 42. I got so turned off on SC when I logged into it last year and I couldn't even board my ship the ladder wouldn't drop (looked it up it was a bug).... but this ship was a starter ship that was present during the kickstarter.... how can this be 🙂

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

I might split this post since there is 400+ replies 🙂

ReplyQuote
D.C.Elington
(@d-c-elington)
Warrant Officer Registered

Well regardless of the project's state this city is quite impressive _(._.)_
And those guys know how to texture, the depth effect on the flat surface at the end of the video is amazing.
That said I agree that with such visuals the first idea that comes to mind is "now can I take an elevator to the lobby, get out to the street and grab an ice cream at the closest food-truck?" 😉

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Any chance of bringing back pages to the forum D1 where we used to have 15 or 20 post per page.

I been very impressed with what they are trying to do, but I have not had the disappointment of trying to play the game.

As for Squadron 42 I thought that would have been out by now, looked like they were close to releasing it a couple years ago. Get the feeling it suffered fome feature creep same as the main game.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

I think the main reason was switching to the Lumberyard engine halfway through development. This meant alot of assets and code had to be updated or otherwise changed, but yes more features were certainly added to the game too. I think we will be well into the 2020s before we see this game.

ReplyQuote
Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered

Lumberyard? <grins> From the Lumberyard T&Cs a few years back:

57.10 Acceptable Use; Safety-Critical Systems. Your use of the Lumberyard Materials must comply with the AWS Acceptable Use Policy. The Lumberyard Materials are not intended for use with life-critical or safety-critical systems, such as use in operation of medical equipment, automated transportation systems, autonomous vehicles, aircraft or air traffic control, nuclear facilities, manned spacecraft, or military use in connection with live combat. However, this restriction will not apply in the event of the occurrence (certified by the United States Centers for Disease Control or successor body) of a widespread viral infection transmitted via bites or contact with bodily fluids that causes human corpses to reanimate and seek to consume living human flesh, blood, brain or nerve tissue and is likely to result in the fall of organized civilization.

Oolite Naval Attaché

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Sounds perfect then! 😀

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

They have another Free Fly event. https://robertsspaceindustries.com/promotions/35-Free-Fly

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

Yeah they usually do one of these each time a milestone is completed, which Alpha 3.5 just came out recently. I am a paying customer and I still have yet to play really the game more than 10-20mins in 7 yrs. I know I should give the game a try.... maybe I will after Alpha 3.6.

ReplyQuote
SpaceCaptain
(@spacecaptain)
Petty Officer Registered

Aw, man. I missed it. 🙁 I'll have to check somebody's stream.

ReplyQuote
Page 18 / 18