Notifications
Clear all

Chris Roberts Star Citizen

Page 6 / 18

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator
Topic starter  

Got  an Email from RSI about various things but it also mentioned that any one who registered for the site before the 26 of November will have access to the lower prices.

ReplyQuote
DiabloTigerSix
(@diablotigersix)
Master Chief Registered

2 new interviews:

ReplyQuote
Dalkeith
(@dalkeith)
Senior Chief Registered

Thanks for posting those Diablo

ReplyQuote
True
 True
(@true)
Master Chief Registered

Official requirements for Crysis 3, same engine as Star Citizen

Minimum system operating requirements for PC:

• Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8

• DirectX 11 graphics card with 1Gb Video RAM

• Dual core CPU

• 2GB Memory (3GB on Vista)

• Example 1 (Nvidia/Intel):

• Nvidia GTS 450

• Intel Core2 Duo 2.4 Ghz (E6600)

• Example 2 (AMD):

• AMD Radeon HD5770

• AMD Athlon64 X2 2.7 Ghz (5200+)

Recommended system operating requirements for PC:

• DirectX 11 graphics card with 1GB Video RAM

• Quad core GPU

• 4GB Memory

• Nvidia GTX 560

• Intel Core i3-530

• Example 2 (AMD):

• AMD Radeon HD5870

• AMD Phenom II X2 565

Hi-Performance PC specifications:

• Latest DirectX 11 graphics card

• Latest quad core CPU

• 8GB Memory

• NVidia GTX 680

• Intel Core i7-2600k

• Example 2 (AMD):

• AMD Radeon HD7970

• AMD Bulldozer FX4150

At least we have now 1 year to save money for a new rig. =P

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Hey, thanks for that True. By the looks of things I am all set for the hi-end spec. I am still keen on setting up an SSC group within the game

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Looks like I am in the high end as well but will that be the low end when the game is released.

ReplyQuote
vamperium
(@vamperium)
Petty Officer Registered

I'm specifically waiting to build a new rig in 2 years around this game, I was going to build a new one this year, but once this got announced I decided just to upgrade; I will be aiming for high end of course 🙂

ReplyQuote
DiabloTigerSix
(@diablotigersix)
Master Chief Registered

ReplyQuote
True
 True
(@true)
Master Chief Registered

The sound quality is so bad...  I cannot listen to it, even though I get paid for it (@work).

Here is another one, Braben & Roberts

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Got an email from RSI, said the star citizen card will not be ready for Christmas they did send a link for the vid & pic showing the ship you will have if you bought the Freelancer pack.

MISC-new-canopy01COLOR-copy1a.jpg

MISC-new-canopy02-copya.jpg

MISC-new-canopy03-copya.jpg

ReplyQuote
DiabloTigerSix
(@diablotigersix)
Master Chief Registered

Now, they really need to buy some of these at RSI:

p_135028.jpg

Those Wallmart products they've been using are embarrassingly bad.

ReplyQuote
vamperium
(@vamperium)
Petty Officer Registered

One thing Pinback, that render is not final at this point, but it is pretty close to what it might look like. 

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

One thing Pinback, that render is not final at this point, but it is pretty close to what it might look like. 

Just read the news on RSI

To say we were blown away by the response to Friday’s MISC Freelancer update would be an understatement. We’re so excited that fans are already passionate about their ships and our work and your comments absolutely do impact the development process.

We would like to clear up a few misconceptions and provide a little more information on the subscription program. The video posted on Friday was an abbreviated version of a longer edit for subscribers that we haven’t shared yet as we won’t have a good solution for segmenting content until everyone from Kickstarter is integrated. Once that data is in we will have three areas of access -

ReplyQuote
Porkuelinn
(@porkuelinn)
Crewman Registered

Hello everyone!  So as an earlier post made by a first time poster mentioned, I too have been lurking in these forums like a festering wound on my private bits for quite some time.

I wanted to counter a point made by an earlier poster saying that by creating such stunning visuals for SC, it may cause the game to stray from delivering in a lot of other areas promised.  So I ask any folk this..."In a space sim, what types of landscapes are you privy to?"  Generally, the most constant visuals are that of the deep, dark void of space.  This reduces SO MUCH of the workload for the devs.  This also gives them the freedom to bump up

the graphical fidelity of the stars of the game, the super sweet ships.  They end up pumping so many polys into each model that its easy to forget that you are playing a game and not watching a recent

ly released CG film.

I used to think that graphics didn't mean a so much, but with the advancement of things like physics (particle), the many different improvements in lighting techniques, etc ., could mention so many things that can directly add to your game play experience but I think I've made my point.

And as for being nervous  not getting too excited for this promised show of excellence from the king of space sims, I understand completely, as I'm sure most members hear would understand that view, even if it wasn't their own.  But, for me, like most others, I have very high expectations for SC and all I need do is look at his track record, the man is capable of making the most immersible games and quite a few are still loads of joy to play.  To top off the belief that this title will stomp on, in and all over the competition  is the amount of funds Mr. Roberts raised with the help of us daydreamers    Then we have the $10 million some of us have heard about where he had an investor that would throw down that 8 figure chunk of support once the community forked over $2 million, so this leaves Mr. Roberts' Space Industries not just the most successful crowd funding game to date, but it gives them almost $20 million to create the world we've wanted to experience since we first jumped into that fighters cockpit and launched from the maw of the Tigers Claw...and that amount is more than plenty to make an amazing AAA title.  I know that some devs spend much more money than that, but it certainly does not guarantee you a great game.  Roberts has the passion, vision  the following and the dedication to deliver a unique experience.  Remember, he is making a game that he has always wanted to play, in a genre that is dear to his heart:  To get started a new title like SC all because you have a genuine love for it, and not because you got hired on as a head dev, is really the only fact I need to be aware of to be comfortable kicking down $250 total and have complete faith in Mr. Roberts.

...soooo, yeah...sorry about the my long rant, it wasn't an attack on anyone, I'm a little drunk and just got too eager to drop my .2

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Welcome to the forum Porkuelinn

It's amazing just how much Star Citizen pulled in and not just the amount of money but also the numbers of backer around 100,000.

It proves there a market for this type of game and is one in the eye for the big developers and publishers.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Roberts has the passion, vision  the following and the dedication to deliver a unique experience.  Remember, he is making a game that he has always wanted to play, in a genre that is dear to his heart:  To get started a new title like SC all because you have a genuine love for it, and not because you got hired on as a head dev, is really the only fact I need

Totally agree here, and some of my best memories gaming is playing the WC and Privateer series and if Chris Roberts can 1up that effort then I will be a happy gamer. Yeah watching these videos and seeing screenshots is making my mind go into overdrive because I think Chris is thinking about making the game I want to see and thought I never would. I love a good story and especially if it is told well and you can get attached to your crew/ship and storyline, I want to care about what happens to everything in the game and at times I am looking more forward to playing Squadron 42 than Star Citizen 🙂

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Star Citizen survey for you to fill in.

http://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/contest-winners-and-star-citizen-survey/

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

On Friday SC now has raised 8 million. http://www.incgamers.com/2013/02/star-citizen-raises-over-eight-million-from-backers/

As of midday today, Star Citizen has raised a whopping 8.08 million from more than 142,000 pledges. More than 500,000 has been raised in February alone for the space epic.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Yeah I saw that the other day, that is really amazing for any crowd funding and it re-iterates what you said about how many people want a game of this vision. Now all Chris R. and the gang have to do is make it. It is definitely a tall order, but with the money and time I really do think they can make it happen. Plus, how can the guy behind Wing Commander not deliver something good 🙂

ReplyQuote
SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered

8 million from the community plus who knows how many millions from sponsors, this makes up for quite a nice budget. I can't wait to see what they come up with. I just hope to have a pc good enough to run this game when the time comes.

ReplyQuote
vamperium
(@vamperium)
Petty Officer Registered

8 million from the community plus who knows how many millions from sponsors, this makes up for quite a nice budget. I can't wait to see what they come up with. I just hope to have a pc good enough to run this game when the time comes.

I'll be doing a new build just for this game; the wife is already on notice 😉

ReplyQuote
True
 True
(@true)
Master Chief Registered

New graphics card for early 2014 already planned! =)

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

the basic starting ship revealed in SC. http://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/the-aurora-revealed/

Aurora_zps86e7e0f2.jpg

ReplyQuote
vamperium
(@vamperium)
Petty Officer Registered

They have also extended the funding campaign, details are in the post Pinback linked. I think I'm going to spring for another ship. 

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Amazing that they have 40,000 user who have not back the game, begs the question why?.

ReplyQuote
Page 6 / 18