Notifications
Clear all

I use crypto.com app personally on a daily basis and its great and takes the stress out of learning crypto and the crypto debit cards are great, ask me anything on this. I will probably make a thread discussing crypto soon. REFERRAL CODE = p5mu64hcq4

Chris Roberts talks Oculus Rift

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

Here is two videos that sum up Oculus Rift and how it will be used in Star Citizen and Squadron 42.

Learn more about Oculus Rift here: http://www.oculusvr.com/

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Moderator

Nice but how much will it cost.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Well the dev-kit is $300 and we should find out in June because that it is supposed to release.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Moderator

I did see that the dev kit is $300 but I was wondering if the headset will be lower, as this sort of peripheral device live or die by it's price.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Agreed. I like gaming, but not sure if I would drop $300 on this unless the reviews and game support was huge.

ReplyQuote
Guillaume
(@guillaume)
Petty Officer Registered

I can't wait to see how the Oculus Rift adds to the experience in GoD Factory. I should receive my dev day now.

I heard rumors that it should be priced at 200 or 250 per headset, which is quite reasonable IMO for the technology. I mean, if a piece of shit like kinect could do well for 150, I'd be surprised if no one would like to buy a VR headset that actually works for 200.

ReplyQuote