Notifications
Clear all

Concert art for Spider an area in the Cathcart System

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

Looking at this and I get goose bumps, look at all the destruction and there is some sort of station/colony here in the midst of it all. Will be nice flying around through here and the detail you can get with the CryEngine3 should make for some nice visuals to depict this scene.

Spider_Cathcart_ConceptArt_Final_021513_

SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered

This type of concept art is almost enough to bring a couple of manly tears in my eyes.

ReplyQuote
lionheart
(@lionheart)
Petty Officer Registered

Looks awesome, though I do honestly wonder whether crynegine3 can be pushed that far, I know the Mechwarrior Online Devs have had a LOT of issues with the development of larger maps and complicated systems, and Star Citizen will be a hundred or a thousand times more demanding on those fronts.

ReplyQuote
SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered

After seeing that concept art I felt all pumped up and enthusiastic about ... stuff in general ... so I went on and started a model based on that concept. My enthusiasm soon plummeted to the ground and now it is well on its way to the center of Earth, but still, at least I made this WIP so far.

wip+concept+spider.png

ReplyQuote
lionheart
(@lionheart)
Petty Officer Registered

Ha, looks cool, but it shows you how much time they must put into modelling on that scale (if it actually makes it into the game.)

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

Yes, I cannot even imagine the amount of time to make something like that a reality, so hats off to all the modelers making our space dreams come true 🙂

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Nice bit of concept art look forward to seeing more the game.

ReplyQuote
DiabloTigerSix
(@diablotigersix)
Master Chief Registered

Didn't Chris Roberts say that they can render these super-high poly ships because space is relatively empty and that you can only be close and focused to one ship at a time? I think that statement is slowly but surely becoming obsolete. You'll be swimming in high-poly surroudings if the in-game assets turn out to be like that. X-Rebirth will probably be doing a similar thing with their "cities in space" space station design philosophy.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Probably just be eye candy with the landing pad being the main focus of the player interaction.

ReplyQuote