Notifications
Clear all

EA tried to get Star Citizen

vamperium
(@vamperium)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

I had tired of these parodies, until I saw this one.

SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered

The one with Chuck Norris is by far the best 🙂

ReplyQuote
Straker
(@straker)
Senior Chief Registered

The one with Chuck Norris is by far the best 🙂

Link?

ReplyQuote
SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

😆 😆 😆

ReplyQuote
celticfang
(@celticfang)
Senior Chief Registered

That is hilarious.

Oh and ftr, I don't like EA's ideas for Star Citizen

ReplyQuote
vamperium
(@vamperium)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

That is hilarious.

Oh and ftr, I don't like EA's ideas for Star Citizen

Yeah, I don't like their ideas for any of their games, I haven't bought a new EA game since the original Mass Effect. 

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

I think as more of these very successful crowd funding projects come to market the big publishers will be doing that in their board rooms trying to figure out why a game they didn't publish is in the top spot. Consumers are changing the game on the big boys and its kinda nice for a change 🙂

ReplyQuote
vamperium
(@vamperium)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Well, I for see a lot of them releasing "beta"s of their game and giving pre-orders "Founder" status. A lot of them are already doing it, to give the impression that the games were crowd funded. 

ReplyQuote
MV2000
(@mv2000)
Warrant Officer Registered

I had tired of these parodies, until I saw this one.

Hilarious.

ReplyQuote
SuperG
(@superg)
Senior Chief Registered

I think as more of these very successful crowd funding projects come to market the big publishers will be doing that in their board rooms trying to figure out why a game they didn't publish is in the top spot. Consumers are changing the game on the big boys and its kinda nice for a change 🙂

I disagree. EA & Activision make big budged games wich depends on the mass market crowed.

Keep this in perspective . On one of the 3 major platform PS3 in cod blops I am ranked in the 5 to 6 milion.

One of my brother is ranked 17 milion and I did see people ranked 20milion. And these numbers for 3 major platforms.

The publisher funds the making of the game but also fund extensive marketing. They need sales over 5 milions 2 milion is a failure for return of investment with decent profit.

Crowedfunding. Well its a direct contract between a gamers crowed and the devs. There lots of people who just show bit of interest and pledge 5 bucks while other drop 5k . Wich doesn't make it a mass market game.

So wenn does it come to EA and activision atention. Well if it reach far over a few milion sales not just one. It must show a mass market demographic. If not its persived as a niche market and not suitable for large funded productions.

The great thing about crowed funded games is that niche markets get there game.

Well I like to play CoD and BF but I have missed my favo genre space shooters. And I don't mean the very small scale little imdie games. But the bigger titels. Doesn't have to be triple A funded but regular retail funded sized production. Will do.

As I play FPS games like farcry crysis arma. Metro stalker . So with that gfx fidelity also my other genres.

What is a massmarket gamer.

they have mostly limited game time, so long sessions nogo short session they have time for. Must be very accesable. Also low skilled player need rewards. They dont hang out on game forums no feedback from them. No whining. They only know the well establishe large IP and franchises.

Our favo genre and type of game are more a hiding and repelling mass market gamer design.

You can see it as this activision are masters in gamer phyche to know how to reach this mass market. And execute a production that fullfill Tier1 sales position.

The proof of this is wenn discuss cod vs BF in game forums cod loses there is so much hate. Its burned down like a witch. But in sales its godzilla commercial sucses. BF is more a Tier2 game still large but in lower league.

So I think there is room for both.

ReplyQuote
Pilot
(@pilot)
Crewman Registered

I disagree. EA & Activision make big budged games wich depends on the mass market crowed.

Keep this in perspective . On one of the 3 major platform PS3 in cod blops I am ranked in the 5 to 6 milion.

One of my brother is ranked 17 milion and I did see people ranked 20milion. And these numbers for 3 major platforms.

The publisher funds the making of the game but also fund extensive marketing. They need sales over 5 milions 2 milion is a failure for return of investment with decent profit.

Crowedfunding. Well its a direct contract between a gamers crowed and the devs. There lots of people who just show bit of interest and pledge 5 bucks while other drop 5k . Wich doesn't make it a mass market game.

So wenn does it come to EA and activision atention. Well if it reach far over a few milion sales not just one. It must show a mass market demographic. If not its persived as a niche market and not suitable for large funded productions.

The great thing about crowed funded games is that niche markets get there game.

Well I like to play CoD and BF but I have missed my favo genre space shooters. And I don't mean the very small scale little imdie games. But the bigger titels. Doesn't have to be triple A funded but regular retail funded sized production. Will do.

As I play FPS games like farcry crysis arma. Metro stalker . So with that gfx fidelity also my other genres.

What is a massmarket gamer.

they have mostly limited game time, so long sessions nogo short session they have time for. Must be very accesable. Also low skilled player need rewards. They dont hang out on game forums no feedback from them. No whining. They only know the well establishe large IP and franchises.

Our favorite genre and type of game are more a hiding and repelling mass market gamer design.

You can see it as this activision are masters in gamer phyche to know how to reach this mass market. And execute a production that fullfill Tier1 sales position.

The proof of this is wenn discuss cod vs BF in game forums cod loses there is so much hate. Its burned down like a witch. But in sales its godzilla commercial sucses. BF is more a Tier2 game still large but in lower league.

So I think there is room for both.

You could argue that the popular game market doesn't represent hardcore gamers. CoD, BF, Halo they are simply born from modern trend, what are generally set by a younger audience, because "consoles are cheaper than PC's" more consoles and games are sold. If developers and publishers ever truly released FPS games without giving console players a handicap, were PC and console(s) could compete using their respective controllers, retailers would see a large number of returns from the console market.

I won't say that space sims are not niche, however I believe they have been buried by lack luster titles similar to how game developers for the Atari nearly destroyed video gaming with all of their mediocre releases, till Nintendo rebooted it here in the west much like the Beatles rebooted Rock'n'Roll in the 60's.

Who knows maybe Star Citizen will end up reviving space sims with the arena module, bring new interest with the FPS module, and push new boundaries with the open world [sand box] and simulated economy. 

Graphically Star Citizen has no trouble comparing to Crysis [this should be a given], Skyrim, the latest CoD, and BF titles. Which are all AAA titles and RSI has a larger budget to work with, while founding || co-founding studios that could potentially freelance [theoretically possible] for other developers after Star Citizen stabilizes ["finished" and debugged].

"What the eye never sees the heart never grieves." ~ Hardwar

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Who knows maybe Star Citizen will end up reviving space sims with the arena module, bring new interest with the FPS module, and push new boundaries with the open world [sand box] and simulated economy. 

It's been the indies who have been pushing and innovating in this game genre for the last couple years although the big test as to weather these game have returned to the mainstream of gaming will come later this year or next when games like Star Citizen and Elite Dangerous are released and then later on when No Man Sky appears on the PS4.

If they prove to a hit with the gaming public then the bigger developers will doubt be jumping on the band wagon.

ReplyQuote