Notifications
Clear all

Hangar

robske
(@robske)
Warrant Officer Registered
Topic starter  

The long awaited hangar module:

A video which I made. Anyone else has footage of it?

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Good video Robske

Not download it myself yet (bit on the large side) .

See that their have been a few comments about being able to run it much lower spec than they posted about.

ReplyQuote
robske
(@robske)
Topic starter  

Yes. That's true. Their "minimum" specs actually makes you able to run the Hangar module in medium to high settings. RSI/CIG said that they would optimize things further by the end of the development process, as when it's usually done. So we can see by then that the minimum specs might become recommended.

I think the main reason they list those as minimum is, as i mentioned indirectly, that you can then properly participate in combat without having big lag. So essentially the specs needed to get a proper experience out of every part of the game.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Patch for the hanger, has it improved anything?.

If you’re logging into your hangar tonight, expect a new patch! This week’s patch focuses on many of the bugs you’ve helped us identify on the forums, although the live team is also starting to work on some exciting new features to help keep the hangar interesting! Here are the release notes:

• KNOWN ISSUES:
    • Tractor beam item does not appear in hangar
    • 325a missile mounts missing collision
    • Engine not shown in Holo-table interface for Aurora, Aurora LX and 315p
    • When entering right side of Aurora, door latch clips into ship and steps are not visible
  • INSTALLER:
    • BUG FIX: Installer now properly installs DirectX and Visual C++ redistributables on fresh copies of Windows 7 and 8
    • BUG FIX: Installer now properly installs on windows machine with multiple user accounts
    • NEW FEATURE: Installer now detects if new installer has already been installed – not compatibile with old installer installation
  • LAUNCHER:
    • BUG FIX: Launcher no longer tries to load the electrolize font from Google
    • TWEAK: Publish date of patch more human readable
    • TWEAK: Audio fader tweaks
    • TWEAK: Optimizations to lower CPU usage
  • HANGAR:
    • BUG FIX: Buggy will now spawn even when max ship count in hangar is reached
    • BUG FIX: Removed CryEngine 3 metrics – stops game client from hitting EA and Crytek websites
    • BUG FIX: Ladder mounting/dismounting
    • BUG FIX: ‘Use’ message no longer appears in the main menu
    • BUG FIX: Foot IK issues fixed in deluxe hangar
    • BUG FIX: Some ships appeared to be floating in the Business and Deluxe hangars
    • BUG FIX: Missing walls and ladders should now show up
    • BUG FIX: Environment sound updates and fixes
    • BUG FIX: Ambient sound would stop when walking into certain parts of the Deluxe hangar
    • TWEAK: More environment lighting and fog tweaks
    • TWEAK: Decals and grunge in some of the hangars
    • TWEAK: Glass shaders
    • TWEAK: Business hangar spawn points
    • TWEAK: Animation tweaks for most enter/exit and cockpit animations
    • NEW FEATURE: Added dialog telling user to restart when graphics quality is changed
  • SHIPS:
    • Hornet
      • BUG FIX: Missing floor in hornet cockpit
      • BUG FIX: Hornet wings no longer explode if hit
    • Aurora
      • BUG FIX: Right door now works for entering/exiting
      • BUG FIX: Should no longer beable to enter the pilot seat from outside the ship
    • Freelancer
      • BUG FIX: Exiting turret no longer causes user to teleport out of ship
      • UPDATE: Lighting and Textures
    • Constellation
      • BUG FIX: Crash when changing seats
    • CUTLASS
      • TWEAK: Geometry, Texture and lighting changes
  • DATA (since last patch):
    • Patch Data transfered: 107.19TB
    • Installer downloads: 55,860
    • Amount of successful hangar logins: Over 240,000
    • Bug Issues Recorded: 99
    • Bug Issues Resolved: 89

ReplyQuote
robske
(@robske)
Topic starter  

I know I couldn't enter the captain seat and the bed on the aurora yesterday 😉

ReplyQuote
Elanoides
(@elanoides)
Petty Officer Registered

The long awaited hangar module:

A video which I made. Anyone else has footage of it?

Sure, I've done a few hangar videos:

No commentary in the videos since my voice is not suited for broadcasting ...

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Nice collection of ships Elanoides 😎

Does the buggy show any damage if you crash it into anything yet?

See that they have already started modding the game using the ship models  from the hanger. https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/44486/so-i-loaded-the-assets-of-the-hangar-into-the-sandbox-editor/p1

ReplyQuote
Elanoides
(@elanoides)
Petty Officer Registered

Actually, I haven't crashed my buggy yet, so I don't know.

They have some fun with the buggy in the latest episode of wingman hangar:

Edit:

I decided to find out if anything happened if I drove my buggy into a wall:

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

It's a super indestructible buggy

ReplyQuote
Elanoides
(@elanoides)
Petty Officer Registered

Yes, it is ... and that's a reason I decided to have some more fun with it ... 😉

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Pedestrians only in the lifts , have you tried getting it up one of the ships ramps?.

Wonder if they will prevent you from taking any vehicles in the ships or will you be able to buy any more vehicles and transport them as they will have ground combat in the game.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Yes a great ship collection there Elanoides! And that's a shame you couldn't get your buggy up onto the top level. Perhaps the devs could widen the doors a bit? Also nice well lit hanger too, at least you can see your ships. My hanger is like something out of Deus Ex, it's so dark!

I've only got the little Aurora LX and upgraded to a 325A from the standard 300i, although trying to save up for a Freelancer too. I noticed you too have a 325A. How did you get yours to show up in your hanger? All I can see is the standard 300i. I must have forgot to do something.

ReplyQuote
Elanoides
(@elanoides)
Petty Officer Registered

Pedestrians only in the lifts , have you tried getting it up one of the ships ramps?.

Wonder if they will prevent you from taking any vehicles in the ships or will you be able to buy any more vehicles and transport them as they will have ground combat in the game.

Yes, I tried to drive it into my Freelancer. Sadly, it seems it's not possible at the moment. I haven't found out any way to lower the ramp on the Connstellation

Geraldine: Thanks. I only have the usual Aurora. I missed out on upgrading it to the LX version, as I've really not keept tabs on what's going on with the project.

It's just now with the release of the hangar module and the comming release of Starlight Inception and X-Rebirth that my interest for space sims have awakened again

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Bit of a hanger update https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/13276-Hangar-Patch-And-Caterpillar-Sale

reetings Citizens,

We’re pleased to announce that we’ve just pushed out a patch for the Star Citizen Hangar Module! Today’s update contains over one hundred changes based on the feedback we’ve been receiving from backers experimenting with the module. Everything from flickering decals to missing cargo pallets to crash bugs to incorrect ship loadouts to making sure pilots can’t sit down outside their spacecraft has been addressed. And yes, we’ve slowed down the character’s run so your avatar isn’t in a hurry to get everywhere!

You can check out a complete list of updates in the patch notes included with the Hangar Module launcher. Thank you for your great support; it’s thanks to the bug reports from thousands of Citizens that we’re able to make so many hangar fixes so quickly! Be on the lookout for more fixes and some exciting new features in the coming weeks. Have you found a bug we missed? Be sure to report it to the Hangar Module Bug Reporting forums.

We’re also running a limited promo in the pledge store this week, making the Drake Interplanetary Caterpillar available for sale through Monday at noon PST. You can learn more about the Drake Interplanetary lineup and study some extremely cool new cutaway artwork of their ship interiors here. Just the hardware an aspiring pirate will need to start his or her career on the other side of the law.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Want to take your ship out of the Hangar, Incgamer has a link and details on how to do it. http://www.incgamers.com/2013/10/star-citizen-mod-lets-you-fly-ships-now you will also need the latest patched hangar version.

A Star Citizen mod has been released called the Illum Mod which allows you to exit the confines of the Star Citizen hangar and take a variety of ships for a spin, even if you haven’t  purchased them. That’s the wonderful thing about PC gaming is there’s always someone probing and tinkering with game files for the benefit of the community.

The point of the Hangar Module is so you can check out your purchased ships and all the other aesthetic bits and pieces. The frustrating thing is you can’t leave the hangar, until now.

With a few file changes you can take all the ships for a spin, and while this is all very rudimentary right now but it’s pretty cool.

If you have the Hangar Module installed all you need to do is the following:

1. Download this rar file  - It’s perfectly safe, we have checked,

2. Inside the StarCitizenClient/data directory make a director called backup or something similar.

3. Copy the original Levels directory you see there into the backup folder you created.

4. Unrar the downloaded file and replace everything in the original Levels directory with the rar contents.

5. Launch Star Citizen.

Once launched you’ll start out on floating platform and you can walk around all the ships. Pick which one you want to take for a spin, board the ship, take the pilot’s seat and start flying.

Movement is handled with the following keys:

• +   Accelerate
  • - Decelerate
  • W = tilt up
  • S = tilt down
  • A = Rotate left
  • D = Rotate right
  • Mouse Left/Right – Look about the cockpit
  • Left Mouse = Fire
  • F1 = Change view.

OK, so it’s not perfect but it’s a bit of fun and a great way to check out the ships. Below are a few videos of the mod in action as an example. My flying skills were so poor I managed to face-plant and Aurora so we’ll leave it to the pros for now.

ReplyQuote
vamperium
(@vamperium)
Petty Officer Registered

Just a fair warning, it will stress your GPU's, mine get's taxed at 99% with this mod. Still, it was really nice to check out the Stella, Freelancer and Avenger.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Just a fair warning, it will stress your GPU's, mine get's taxed at 99% with this mod. Still, it was really nice to check out the Stella, Freelancer and Avenger.

Stress is not the word, my poor ATI4980 cannot even run the hanger demo 🙁

I have to buy a new system when my tax return comes in next year because there is no way I am not going to play this game. This is the price I pay for having five kids.... dad's toys always come last 🙁 I think its the constellation class, I saw a video of that ship in the hanger and that is an epic ship I might need to purchase.

ReplyQuote
SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered

I'm having an inner fight. I don't know whether to invest in a new pc next year (my current one surely won't run the game) or to invest in a new engine for my motorcycle as the old one is pretty much busted 🙁 Ahhhhh

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Go for the engine as Star Citizen been delayed till early 2015 now.

ReplyQuote
DiabloTigerSix
(@diablotigersix)
Master Chief Registered

Stress is not the word, my poor ATI4980 cannot even run the hanger demo 🙁

How is that even possible? That's a high-end card!

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

New patch to the hangar big news is they have included Rift support in this one.  https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/engineering/13600-Hangar-Patch-111-Released

A new Hangar patch is now available via your launcher! Patch 11.1 adds support for the Oculus Rift to the Hangar module, which was promised as part of the $12 million stretch goal! Oculus owners can now get a first look at their ship collections using the 3D headset. Be sure to let us know what you think! This is a pre-alpha release. There are a number of known issues regarding the Rift support; a complete list is available in the patch notes. Please report any additional bugs on the forums!

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Checkout these new hangers....

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

I never got to check out the old hanger

ReplyQuote