Notifications
Clear all

Social Module/Multicrew

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator
Topic starter  

Social Module video, this is the short edited version and I believe they will be adding it soon, so you should be able to get out side of the hangar.

And I will added the multicrew video here as well.

Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

First version out https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14927-Welcome-To-ArcCorp-Star-Citizen-12-Released along with the usual wall of text about what they are going to do.

The first release of Star Citizen’s Social Module is now available on the live server! We would like to thank the thousands of backers who helped stress test this release on the PTU early in the week; now we’re excited to make it available to everyone. You can access the complete patch notes for today’s release, Star Citizen Alpha 1.2,

The Social Module represents our first step into Star Citizen’s Persistent Universe. In the coming months, you will begin to see Star Citizen’s formerly-disparate modules come together into our long term vision for the game. Today, you can enter your Hangar, load up Arena Commander and take the elevator to explore ArcCorp with other players. From here, expect to see the universe expand!

Read on for word directly from Tony Zurovec, Star Citizen’s Persistent Universe Director. Tony has written an introduction to the Social Module and an outline of what’s coming next. We hope you enjoy your first steps outside your Hangar, and now we can truly say: we’ll see you in the ‘Verse!

ReplyQuote
auryx
(@auryx)
Warrant Officer Registered

It's fun to wander around in the ArcCorp area for a bit. You can't interact with much and every character looks almost spookily identical (which is more disconcerting than you'd think!) but there's a chat window which is nice.

Hopefully they'll build on this in the near future with more landing zones and bigger landscapes.

auryx

You look good through a crosshair.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

You can't interact with much and every character looks almost spookily identical (which is more disconcerting than you'd think!) but there's a chat window which is nice.

auryx

Perhaps its mostly people called Gary who managed to get through the mammoth download that is the social module?

Yes, I am into my full second day of updating with no end in sight.

I really wish they would sort out their update procedure, break it up into smaller sections or even 7zip it or something to bring it's size down a bit. Not everyone in the world has superfast Mega Bit connections. Me? I might as well be using a bit of soggy string attached to a WWII phone exchange. Hello Operator, Operator,......OPERATOR!?!!!!!!!

If they don't sort this out then I will not be downloading these updates again until it's finished

The monthly ModDB Pioneer update might be a bit late this month as this thing is eating every bit of the meagre bandwidth I have.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

You would think they would have a better update procedure by now, instead of having to download the entire game ever time they a change.

And by the look of it, it's only going to get bigger and bigger.

ReplyQuote
SuperG
(@superg)
Senior Chief Registered

No problem for me, got kabel and ADSL high bandwide ISP. Both with phone and TV.

Got second day W10 installed on 500GB SSD. Could put SC there to.

But runs this Alfa stuf on W10?

ReplyQuote
auryx
(@auryx)
Warrant Officer Registered

Hey SuperG - if you mean Windows 10, then yes, Star Citizen works on it.

SSD is definitely a good idea considering how long the loading times are (though better than they used to be, it has to be said).

auryx

You look good through a crosshair.

ReplyQuote