Notifications
Clear all

Squadron 42 and Foundary 42

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

I cannot wait to play this part of the game, being a huge WC fan I will be playing Squadron 42 first before I do anything in SC. I mean Chris Roberts himself said this would be right on par with a new WC game and its generally a prequel to SC. And with the team talking about the great story and immersion I am really excited. And Erin Roberts and Foundary 42 is going to be creating Sq42.

This video has some good info on Squadron 42 ... so watch this.

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

I see the Xbox controller has reappeared in the vid soon to be followed by fanboy hysteria 😆

Sound good though with the big battle at the start and ship boarding.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

That second video had some nice tidbits (roughly between 10mins and 30mins) on Squadron 42. Can't wait to see what interactions you can have with all the wingmen and how your actions/decisions affect the game or even your rep in SC when you complete it.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

The Roberts brothers having a wonder around Foundary 42 in Manchester.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Some concept art for 42, seems to be all about mining https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/engineering/13585-Gallery-Squadron-42-Concept-Art more and bigger pics on RSI.

MiningDroidThumbnail_003_zpsa0af4d77.jpg

Mining_droid_concept_01_zps9d17bc73.jpg

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

Nice to see UK gaming houses back at what they do best.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Nice video showing some of the concept work and early wip for the game.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Seems they have changed the base ship in Squadron 42. https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/13780-Idris-Revamp

Greetings Citizens,
Idris_Cover.jpg

The Idris corvette is dead; long live the Idris frigate!

The team at Foundry 42 is currently building the first missions for Squadron 42, the single player game that will launch you into the Star Citizen universe. The game’s story calls for the player to start the game aboard a smaller UEE capital ship. We assigned them the Idris, the scrappy little corvette with a fierce bite already designed by Ryan Church.

Idris_briefing_room02tex.jpgConcept - Idris Briefing Room

Working from the Idris for this piece seemed like a natural fit… until the team whiteboxing the interior found that the original concept was not sized to fit with the Hornet model. Since the Idris would need to carry multiple Hornets (in both Squadron 42 and the persistent universe) they needed to expand the flight deck. Other additions, necessary as we learned exactly how a capital ship would function, necessitated more inside: a tender to support repair operations, medical facilities for the FPS segment and so on. The Idris needed to get bigger and better!

Idris_brig_Corridor_Concept_01.jpgConcept - Idris Brig

In the end, the ship was a full hundred meters longer and a much more imposing threat than the patrol corvette we originally imagined. As such, we have made the decision to reclassify the ship. The Idris is now a frigate, and existing fiction will be updated to reflect this change wherever possible. We are not removing Idrises from anyone’s inventories; everyone who owned an Idris corvette yesterday owns an Idris frigate today. I’m hoping existing backers will be happy: you’re ending up with twice the ship you pledged for!

Rescue_ship.jpgWIP - Idris Rescue Ship

ReplyQuote
DiabloTigerSix
(@diablotigersix)
Master Chief Registered

So if I understand this correctly, the story will start on a smaller frigate which will undergo a tragic ending and then you'll get transferred a Bengal class carrier?

*spoiler alert* That's how things went in Starlancer with ANS Reliant and later Yamato.

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

45'th became elite squadron, 42'th already is.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Video update for 42.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

TBH I not being looking at Squadron 42 too much and I pretty much thought it was just a standard Wing Commander clone set within the Star Citizen Universe. But it appears that it's going be a lot more than the standard WC clone according to this months Edge magazine which has a feature on Star Citizen in which Erin Roberts talks of 1KM long battle cruiser with explorable interiors and the ability to tackle missions in different ways.

Also mentions that the ship will have a sense of living in that the NPC will go about their own business as in assembling for lunch, then scuttling off to the hangar deck to work on the craft.Key NCP will catch your eye if they want a quick chat and dialogue options list are out and a body language and reputation system in their place.

Keep an eye on the EDGE magazines website as they usually put up abridge versions of the magazines articles if you can't get the mag.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

I have to admit SQ42 is looking very good indeed. Oh well back to polishing my Freelancer

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Gary Oldman 😎 in the game alone with Mark Hamill, Gillian Anderson, Andy Serkis, and John Rhys-Davies, full cast list can found here https://robertsspaceindustries.com/squadron42

ReplyQuote