Notifications
Clear all

Star Citizen Alpha 2.5 released

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

Well start playing it all ready, here is a preview video:

(I really need a gfx card update to play this in all its glory...)

Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Yea, you and me both D1. This game needs a well equipped PC and if I ever hope to play it properly I am going to have to save up for decent kit. People complain alot about the price of the ships but its the hardware that will also be needed too. In every sense of the word this is going to be an expensive game.

ReplyQuote
Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered

I've come to the conclusion that if I can't play a game 'properly' on my current hardware, then I won't play it at all. It'd take a real humdinger of a game to tempt me into upgrading my CPU/GPU again (and OS). I thought ED would be worth it - but alas, not for me!

Oolite Naval Attaché

ReplyQuote
wormhole
(@wormhole)
Petty Officer Registered

Yea, you and me both D1. This game needs a well equipped PC and if I ever hope to play it properly I am going to have to save up for decent kit. People complain alot about the price of the ships but its the hardware that will also be needed too. In every sense of the word this is going to be an expensive game.

I supported Star Citizen with 45€ and I got Squadron 42 + Star Citizen PU + Aurora LN. I'm going to play the game without a ship - at least with the first character (the game has permadeath and characters will die at some point).

The price of the game seems to be around 50€ at the moment. It is quite typical price for a big game these days.

My computer is i7-3770k, 16G, GTX 750 Ti - so it's nothing special either.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

My computer is i7-3770k, 16G, GTX 750 Ti - so it's nothing special either.

Thats still a nice system you have there.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

Yes it is, I was averaging like 15fps in the hanger so I cannot play SC at all one my machine. But I will wait until next year and build a pc around the ZEN processor that AMD will release and their new gfx. I can't complain my PC still plays normal games fine and I have had this since 2012.

After watching the Star Citizen reveal and these alpha videos, I think they are going in the right direction with the game and will be nice to see what SC Beta will look like if Alpha is looking this good. I really like the way they implemented boarding a wreck its what you would envision it to be for the most part.

ReplyQuote
wormhole
(@wormhole)
Petty Officer Registered

Thats still a nice system you have there.

Well, I guess it is fine but GTX 750 Ti is way too weak for "modern PC games and gaming" - on my book it is something like 1440p@60 at minimum. The games I play mostly, doesn't require a good GPU so GTX 750 Ti has been "good enough" so far.

Star Citizen is far from optimization phase so I wouldn't made any judgement by the current version. Once it gets the NPCs flying space ships, planetary landing with flora, etc. then we have a better picture how the game will look.

ReplyQuote