Notifications
Clear all

Starpoint Gemini 2 available on Steam Early Access September 6th

Dorijan
(@dorijan)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

We're thrilled to announce that later today Starpoint Gemini 2 will become available on Steam Early Access!

Let me relay the a little bit more official portion of this announcement if you don't mind 😉 .

StarpointGemini2_EarlyAccess_Announcemen

Starpoint Gemini 2 is a project mostly based on our experience from its prequel together with a vast number of gamers who showed great patience while being involved in a 3-year endeavor of exchanging and brainstorming ideas. We’ve learned a great deal from you, the community, as to what your ideal space tactical game would be. A lot of things we communicated are already implemented, but now, we feel the time has come to show you the basis upon which we will continue to build together with you. We invite you to join the effort!

Gemini is a dangerous place. Trade, mine, salvage equipment from derelicts and solve Freelance missions to earn a profit and purchase powerful new ships. Upgrade your ship on stations and planets to transform it into a true machine of destruction. Explore the system, try out the interface, unleash your fury on unsuspecting enemies and let us know what you think. The in-game tutorials will give you all the basics and if you want to know more, check out the Manual.

For those of You more into modding, try out the Material Editor. Use this tool to create models ready to be used in-game. Do you want your ship to have more turrets? Use the Ship editor (part of the Material editor). The World editor will become available in time, but we wanted to avoid any potential problem with the main game data. Once we’re 100% sure it’s safe, we’ll release the World editor so You can unleash your creative potential.

Please bear in mind that this is an alpha version and you’ll likely encounter bugs and glitches. Our primary concern is that every update we release makes/keeps the game as stable as possible. We’ll be very grateful for any info You can provide concerning bugs or suggestions. With every fix, the game will only get better.

Here’s a short list of things that are already in the game and that you can do in this Early Access version:

·         The entire Gemini game world to explore, complete with 14 planets and over 150 space stations to use for repairs, upgrades or trading

·         70 different ships to purchase and fully use

·         A lot of different Ship systems to upgrade your ship with

·         A lot of different Enhancements to improve your ship systems

·         All planned light and heavy weapons with accompanying visual and audio effects

·         Several types of Freelance missions that generate according to region parameters

·         A dozen different random encounters that generate according to region parameters

·         Trading is implemented, so you can trade to your heart’s desire

Starpoint Gemini 2 is a well thought-out game, but we’re always on the lookout for great ideas and suggestions. Feel free to post them on the forums and in the meantime, below is a list of features we’ll be implementing over the coming weeks. We’ll do our best to implement any suggestion wherever possible.

Here’s our very own to-do list:

·         Fully implement and test main missions and accompanying cutscenes

·         Fully voice-overed main mission dialogues

·         Scripted side missions that grant special rewards

·         More different types of Freelance missions that are generated based on player actions and allegiances

·         More different types of random encounters generated depending on player reputation, region parameters and global events

·         Randomly generated global events that influence anything from commodity prices and legal status to region ownership

·         Player triggered global events that change when certain conditions are met (example: war between two factions that the player triggered while solving main missions)

·         Fully implement and optimize large dust clouds (nebulas)

·         Implement riftways as another fast-travel option

·         A lot of optimization to ensure the game runs smoothly (model instancing, optimized level of detail etc.)

·         Graphics improvement (tessellation)

·         Fully implement 3 character classes; each with its own set of skills, skill modifiers and visuals

·         Fully implement perks that apply special passive bonuses

·         Complete special equipment to install on your ship

·         Implement Licenses which grant special options and bonuses

·         Implement Officers to fill key positions on your ship and accompanying bonuses

·         Improve holographic panels on the outside of stations to show actual information (commodity and equipment prices, news etc..). Different logos are currently shown.

·         Expand news section on stations and planets to show more varied information (commodity prices, global event news etc.)

·         All around balancing of ship systems and ships

·         Implement hiring of mercenary ships to join your fleet

·         Implement issuing of orders to your mercenaries

·         Improve the game world with more scenery, more events, more everything

·         Launching and commanding fighter squadrons

·         Balancing troopers and ship capture mechanics

·         Detailed testing and bug squashing

·         World editor finalization for public use

·         Improving Material editor for ease-of-use

·         Detailed testing of in-game options

·         Steam workshop integration

·         Steam achievements testing

·         Full in-game mod integration

·         Localization to different languages

True
 True
(@true)
Master Chief Registered

Just bought it, installing now. Will play it tomorrow! 😀

Thank you!

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

I bought it, downloaded and installed.

But unfortunately until now the game is unplayable for me. I'm having problems with the display resolution (changing file manually. "Cfg") and yet it seems that the game was not designed for 4:3 monitors. When you change the video options within the game does not work as well, they are not saved. Besides the worst .... constant crashs to desktop..

I´m using a 19" monitor with 1280 x 1024 resolution, Win 7 64, 8GB  RAM, AMD X4 965 3.4 GZ, and Nvidia GTS 450 1 GB.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

I bought it, downloaded and installed.

But unfortunately until now the game is unplayable for me. I'm having problems with the display resolution (changing file manually. "Cfg") and yet it seems that the game was not designed for 4:3 monitors. When you change the video options within the game does not work as well, they are not saved. Besides the worst .... constant crashs to desktop..

I´m using a 19" monitor with 1280 x 1024 resolution, Win 7 64, 8GB  RAM, AMD X4 965 3.4 GZ, and Nvidia GTS 450 1 GB.

You will get a quicker answer on their own forum http://www.starpointgemini.com/forum/ to these support questions.

ReplyQuote