Notifications
Clear all

Hello

gillbo
(@gillbo)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

Hi Guys,

Just signed up and seeing what is around for good old SS. I have not played this ame for years but I just got back into it, cannot find a better spacesim sorry....... So i noticed wdboyd's name here. Shame about his website, but I also noticed my file I submitted years back, gillbo450fighters or something like that. Just DL and I am going to look at my crappy modding skills back then. Mind you I don't think that I have changed. Rather play than mod at the moment. Anyway, chat soon guys.

Cheers

wdboyd
(@wdboyd)
Petty Officer Registered

Salutations Gillbo, you ole space pirate. Great to see you posting about Starshatter. You were instramental in getting me interested in modding the game. Great fun. I always kept your fighter mod available on my old starshattermods site.

If you can... download and check out my SOLCOM mod and see how your old protege developed as a modder. I think you will be proud.

ReplyQuote
braddw25
(@braddw25)
Senior Chief Registered

Welcome, Gilbo!

It appears as though you are the equivalent of my grandfather when it comes to modding apprenticeship. I always wondered if Wdboyd taught himself or if he had someone teach him in the same manner as he has taught me do much. In any event, it is great to have you as a member here.

Bradd

ReplyQuote
wdboyd
(@wdboyd)
Petty Officer Registered

Yes, Gillbo helped and encouraged me during my fledgling attempts at getting my own fighter and attack craft into the Starshatter game. I still remember how intimidated I was at using the games Magic 3D modeling progam. Man was I ever a noob. I used Gillbos' craft .def files as references for my own creations. Gillbo created his own craft and textures. In that regard he is more accomplished than I am, even today. I purchased most and 'borrowed' some of the models and textures I presented in my mods. I was always more interested in defining or coding the performance of ships and weapons for Starshatter than in actually 'creating' from scratch the craft and their textures.

An exception to this was the work I did with you in your Renegade Legions mod for Starshatter. I put together the models along with the textured for them. They represent my actual ability in model creation. OK, but not first class by any means. Modeling and texturing were never my strong points.

Keep Em Flying Commanders.

ReplyQuote