Notifications
Clear all

Mod files

pasmon
(@pasmon)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

One can easily find everything related to campaign, cinematics and ships in shatter.dat file. There are however few things not present here.

1. Repair time for each strike craft in Flight OPS.

2. Attack craft mission.def files (templates).

3. flight ops.def files.

I also wonder whether the call sign voices of ships, like Archon, Simmons ,Jackel 1,2,3 etc are pre-recorded or generated digitally.

braddw25
(@braddw25)
Senior Chief Registered

I can't tell what you are actually looking for by your description of the files you described. What exactly are you trying to mod. If I know that I might be able to better direct you to what you need to look for.

ReplyQuote
pasmon
(@pasmon)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

I was wondering where is bomber squadrons mission template file. Or the Stgs engine automatically generates mission for bomber squadron like destroy Frigate Bon Ammor.

Second i was wondering if i add a new ship with name different from game (Say Washington) in Order of battle file(campaign.def). How would i add new voices mentioning its call sign e.g.

"This is Washington, we are going down".

"Washington, engaging target"

ReplyQuote
braddw25
(@braddw25)
Senior Chief Registered

I don't know that there is a def file for bomber missions. I have never run across one. If you are venturing into modding a dynamic campaign, then I'm afraid I will not be much help as I have never really delved into that facet of modding very much.

I think there is more to adding a new ship to the campaign than just adding the ship name to the order of battle. From what I remember, there are MANY different places in the campaign def where each ship's name appears in order to make it part of the campaign. I do not know what the purpose is for having multiple entries for teh same ship.

I do know that you can record sound files and have them used in a static mission Just record the sound you want then save it in the sounds folder. Then you have to use the event menu in the mission editor to have an event such as a ship getting destroyed for example to activate and play your custom sound file.

ReplyQuote
pasmon
(@pasmon)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

I believe this helps. Thanks.

ReplyQuote
braddw25
(@braddw25)
Senior Chief Registered

You are very welcome. Good luck with your modding efforts!!

ReplyQuote