Notifications
Clear all

Ship Selection

pasmon
(@pasmon)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

It would be cool if i would be able to choose my own type of ship for each fighter mission. Currently, a random fighter is assigned, which can be outfitted of-course. I searched through .def files but could not find any proper way to do it. Any idea how to mod this feature?

braddw25
(@braddw25)
Senior Chief Registered

Are you talking about a single static mission or a mission that is part of the campaign. Single missions can be modded using the game's built in mission editor. You have to use starmod to extract the mission's def file from shatter.dat. Then rename teh file to somethign different. Open it up and change the name within the def file itself. Make sure it is saved in teh mod/mission folder and now when you go to custom missions you will see the newly created missiong there. Just choose to edit that mission and then change the fighter to whatever you desire.

ReplyQuote
pasmon
(@pasmon)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

While playing starshatter campaign, i often desire to change my ship type on strike craft missions. How is it possible?

ReplyQuote
braddw25
(@braddw25)
Senior Chief Registered

I'm confused now. Are you actually flying the mission or are you in command of the carrier and just packaging the mission? Either way, you can choose which craft you want to fly the mission. IF you want to fly it yourself, you have to transfer to the squadron that flies the craft you want. Each carrier listed under the forces screen will have 4 or 5 different squandrons listed. If you open up each sqaudron it will show which type of craft they fly. Just request a transfer to the squadron that flies the craft you want to fly.

If you are commanding the carrier, you can choose which squandron you want to launch from in the flight ops screen. Again, just pick the squadron that has the craft you want to fly the mission. HOpe this helps.

ReplyQuote
pasmon
(@pasmon)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

You are correct.

ReplyQuote
braddw25
(@braddw25)
Senior Chief Registered

Did I answer your question though? I wasn't comletely sure if that was what you were asking for or not.

ReplyQuote
pasmon
(@pasmon)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

yes you did. I was mistaken.

ReplyQuote
braddw25
(@braddw25)
Senior Chief Registered

OK, glad you were able to get it straightened out.

ReplyQuote