Notifications
Clear all

Starshatter Open is now available on Itch.io

aki
 aki
(@aki)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

It's me again. It seems I'm active although only sporadically. Starshatter: The Open Source Project is coming to Itch.io. See its newly published website: https://nthirtyone.itch.io/starshatter-open . I'm still considering it, but I think this will be preferred option and I'll slowly remove website running on my own server.

The new nightly build includes joystick input fix.

If anyone has any problems with the game, or ideas, want to contribute or simply talk. Feel free to leave message in this, the other thread, or on project's Discord server.

In near future I'd like to host Starshatter multiplayer wargames. I announced (or rather asked about interest) some time ago, so it's time to commit to the idea. Stay tuned!

DarkOne and Pinback liked
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Aki besides the nightly builds do you have also a 'stable' build that generally runs well and this stable build only gets updated as testing happens and the community deems it stable. Not saying your not an amazing developer 😉 but we all make mistakes that could be missed and then would need to wait on a fix....

But nice site page and as always cheers to keeping this game alive.

ReplyQuote
aki
 aki
(@aki)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  
Posted by: @sscadmin

Aki besides the nightly builds do you have also a 'stable' build that generally runs well and this stable build only gets updated as testing happens and the community deems it stable.

I keep thinking about stable branch. Still, I can't figure out a proper solution to this with the current state of the project. This is definitely something I'll do once I reach a certain level of stability (more like: confidence). However, to get there, it'll take time. Last couple of months I have been working on different things, including some legacy systems in a commercial setting, so I had some time to think about how can I better approach this project. I have some ideas, I did some things last couple of days, I have more planned. I don't want to talk about them extensively just yet, because I'd rather see them in action and do a postmortem analysis before next iteration of changes.

DarkOne liked
ReplyQuote