Notifications
Clear all

Evochron Legacy

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator
Topic starter  

Looks like this is new name for the next game in the Evochron series.

Caleb
(@caleb)
Senior Chief Registered

Yeah! 

Looks great :)))))))

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Looks like they have added a bit more colour to it instead of the usual gun metal green along with internal docking and was that build your own station and planet bases?.

Still not a fan of the cockpit and the 2D starmap and their could be a bit more life on the planets ie alien vegetation/trees.

Anyone know if the planet walkers will be in the game?.

ReplyQuote
IronHound
(@ironhound)
Warrant Officer Registered

Heck, I'm suprised you found this video Pinback! I checked their forums, and they have literally nothing. I had to make a topic myself. Can't find any information or chatter regarding Legacy. Your guess is as good as mine. I don't know why he would scrap a system that worked ya know?

I liked everything about Evochron except the universe. Alien life and vegetation aint gonna make the game any more immersive. Something just always pulls me out of that game. I don't feel like a pilot. I can't put my hand on it. Also, when in enemy systems you have constant enemy streams just warping in. Literally unlimited ships shooting at you no matter where you are. It needs a more dynamic galaxy, with some more flavor. 

Multiplayer is fantastic tho, the community really rocks.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Aye the video was on their Youtube channel last night and I had a look on their forum this morning and their was nothing official apart from a thread in the off topic section.

i think having some planets with Alien life/vegetation would break up the similar looking planets that you tend to get in these games otherwise you get the one topographical feature (StarWars) type of planets, an ice world, a desert world ect.  

I see from the Youtube comments they have picked on the UI again and just thinking about that cockpit again and my dislike of it may be may be down to the fact that it looks very 2D. But I know from some of the posted videos of the game being played with a Track IR it is 3D and I don't understand why it looks wrong without the Track IR.

ReplyQuote
Baker
(@baker)
Crewman Registered

I've been really looking forward to this and hoping ever since the first Evochron Prototype videos on the  SFSW youtube channel.

Now it's got a name and hope has faded away into excitement for the new game from Vice.

My all time Favorite and imho the best space game since.... ummm, wait, just the best.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Not played one of the Evochron game in a while so I think I will be making a return trip to the games universe when it released.

ReplyQuote