Notifications
Clear all

Evochron Mercenary: Questions

XenonS
(@xenons)
Warrant Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Hi,

I would like to buy/play this one , I've already played Evochron Renegades.

What can you do exactly on the planets surfaces (if anything)?

Are space battles easier or harder than in Ev. Renegades? I remember in Renegades you are even attacked when docked at a station, I don't like that too much - too stressing...

Can you leave your ship, that is: is there any FP mode in the game?

Thanks to answer!

XenonS

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

I would have to play the demo again to see if it let you land on the planet, because I don't remember. I know you cannot get out of your ship and walk-around. But before you purchase you should play the demo, you get 1hr or so of game time to see who it plays and your system handles it.

ReplyQuote
XenonS
(@xenons)
Warrant Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Thx DarkOne for your active feedbacks !

I had some trouble loading the Starwraith site, but it's OK now.

There is quite a long & good description on a dedicated site for Evochron Mercenary, also pointing out all the changes from last versions.

As I understand it,

- no fp mode, but very nice and neat grafics on planetary surfaces, with weather effects, mountains (very convincing screenshots).

- on planet's surface you should be able to do mining, search for clues, visiting stations to trade. Also enemies may actually follow you on the surface which gives a good tactical situation, as you can exploit the terrain. It's also possible to hide and sneak out from nebulas in space. Interesting!

I will definitely get this one, but I'm currently too busy with Parkan

See you,

XenonS

ReplyQuote
Anguish
(@anguish)
Petty Officer Registered

A smaller question, whats the difference between deployable constructors and buildable ones, (the deployable ones melt over time?)

ReplyQuote
Caleb
(@caleb)
Senior Chief Registered

A smaller question, whats the difference between deployable constructors and buildable ones, (the deployable ones melt over time?)

The deployables are temporal and the buildables don't

See http://www.starwraith.com/evochronmercenary/universe.htm for more info 🙂

ReplyQuote