Notifications
Clear all

Deep Shadows Q&A on Precursors

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

Hey Everyone

This is a bit time sensitive because I want to respond back quickly. But I am allowed 6 questions to ask the devs so any input on them would be great.

I want to send a response before tomorrow afternoon so post away I will pick the best of them. or I will write them all if no one responds 🙂

-D1-

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Might have missed this but,couple of point they could clear up

1 how many planets in the game is it 5 or more

2 is the game still going to be in two parts.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Hi Darkone

Had a quick look at the website there and it looks like a lot of fun.

If I am not too late to add a question, how available will the game be, eg download only or retail DvD?

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  
Geraldine wrote:
Hi Darkone

Had a quick look at the website there and it looks like a lot of fun.

If I am not too late to add a question, how available will the game be, eg download only or retail DvD?

I was planning on phrasing a question to cover this and translation/regional software distribution.

PINBACK wrote:
Might have missed this but,couple of point they could clear up

1 how many planets in the game is it 5 or more

2 is the game still going to be in two parts.

Try to add them both Pinback.

Going to send this out today so please respond with some feedback if you want to know something about Precursors.

-D1-

ReplyQuote
CaptainKal
(@captainkal)
Commander Registered

I hope I am not too late. 😀 How they will handle planetary transitions? How long will be the space part of the game (I mean 70% FPS, 30% Space Sim?). Will enemies respawn regurarly, like "Boilling Point? And finally, how you are going to control your ship?

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  
CaptainKal wrote:
I hope I am not too late.

Sorry Capt. You missed the send off by about 1hr. Here is what I sent:

Quote:

1. I read on the Deep Shadows homepage that the Precursors game will be available in Russia on Dec. 4th is this true? And what are the current international plans for availability of the game (ie: digital download and boxed version) and language translation?

2. What would the percentage of gameplay be in relation to planet based missions/combat vs space flight/combat?

3. How many worlds will a player be able to explore and is there plans on adding more with addons/patches?

4. Can you describe some of the RPG elements and what these elements could do to enhance the players gaming experience on the planet or in space?

5. In the Precursors FAQ there is a mention of 'This is freeplay RPG with FPS\Space sim combat and economical component.' Does this mean we can do what we want and not be restricted in the game or does the story line limit us?

6. Will players be able to mod any aspect of The Precursors?

So some of your questions are hopefully answered with those, on your other question about planet transitions. I took this from the FAQ:

Quote:

Tell us about take-off and landing action at space ships? It will be manual (controlled by a player) take-off from the planet or some automatic pilot system?

During the spaceship take-off you will be automatically transferred to the orbit.

Then player should leave zone of planetary gravity using mid-flight engine in order to get access to the galaxy map and make a hyperspace jump.

Hopefully I'll get a response back soon on this.

ReplyQuote
Wesp5
(@wesp5)
Senior Chief Registered

Darkone wrote:

Sorry Capt. You missed the send off by about 1hr. Here is what I sent:

I know this thread is very old, but did you ever get an answer? Also I would answer your questions like this ;):

Quote:

1. I read on the Deep Shadows homepage that the Precursors game will be available in Russia on Dec. 4th is this true? And what are the current international plans for availability of the game (ie: digital download and boxed version) and language translation?

The Precursors was indeed released in Russia, but I don't think that there will ever be an international release.

Quote:

2. What would the percentage of gameplay be in relation to planet based missions/combat vs space flight/combat?

That depends. The planet based missions are limited, but you can play the space flight part as long as you like.

Quote:

3. How many worlds will a player be able to explore and is there plans on adding more with addons/patches?

There are 3 mayor planets, 3 minor planets and dozens of space stations. No info of coming addons/patches.

Quote:

4. Can you describe some of the RPG elements and what these elements could do to enhance the players gaming experience on the planet or in space?

The player can select certain perks when he reaches a new level that improve his feats on planets and in space.

Quote:

5. In the Precursors FAQ there is a mention of 'This is freeplay RPG with FPS\Space sim combat and economical component.' Does this mean we can do what we want and not be restricted in the game or does the story line limit us?

You can continue space fighting and trading goods between planets and stations independent of the story line.

Quote:

6. Will players be able to mod any aspect of The Precursors?

With the Xenus 2 QRE editor it is possible to mod certain aspects of the game like dialogues, items or weapons.

ReplyQuote