Notifications
Clear all

 


I use crypto.com app personally on a daily basis and its great and takes the stress out of learning crypto and the crypto debit cards are great, ask me anything on this. I will probably make a thread discussing crypto soon. REFERRAL CODE = p5mu64hcq4
 

If mods were possible with this game...


Tarash
(@tarash)
Petty Officer Registered
Joined: 12 years ago
Posts: 31
Topic starter  

I would like to see the following things:

- Personlize the looks of your character

- Personalize the clothing of your character

- more space ships to buy

- more weapons

- more varied NCP's (I see too often the same faces)

- adding children to the game (just for in the towns or populated zones cause it makes it more realistic)

- more planets

- more fauna and flora

- more vehicles (more variation)

- more weight limit (I know Wesp5, I keep on repeating it cause want it that much 😛 😉 )

- third person view

- a radio in my space ship with different channels so I can listen to music when I mine and when I kill me some bad people

- wingmen with commands I can give if possible

- companions when I'm on planets, would like to have a chat with them as well or exchange stuff with them

- more spacy music when I'm in space and if I'm not listning to the radio and on the ground as well

- while I'm at it, more varied music in bars

If I think of more I will add other stuff but feel free to share your thoughts as well.

Just for the sake of dreaming cause I know this game isn't really that moddable.

Edit:

Thought of some other things, check above.


Quote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Moderator
Joined: 6 years ago
Posts: 8669
 

Some bits I like to see

Like to see more planets in the game also some variations in the space station designs between the different factions, both inside and outside.

Also the ability to carry vehicles between planets, drive then right into the cargo bay.

More random mission on the space station.

Mission from A-Z on the ship.

More use made of the interior of the ship IE like Sundog.


ReplyQuote
Tarash
(@tarash)
Petty Officer Registered
Joined: 12 years ago
Posts: 31
Topic starter  

Nice ones as well 🙂


ReplyQuote
Cavefish
(@cavefish)
Petty Officer Registered
Joined: 12 years ago
Posts: 27
 

Get rid of the enemy's infinite energy shields and infinite grenades.


ReplyQuote
Tarash
(@tarash)
Petty Officer Registered
Joined: 12 years ago
Posts: 31
Topic starter  
Cavefish wrote:
Get rid of the enemy's infinite energy shields and infinite grenades.

Doesn't make the game easier and can indeed get annoying at times 😉

Think some like it though, I don't favor it either cause its overused.


ReplyQuote
player1
(@player1)
Petty Officer Registered
Joined: 12 years ago
Posts: 22
 

Make it possible for player to get energy shield.


ReplyQuote
Tarash
(@tarash)
Petty Officer Registered
Joined: 12 years ago
Posts: 31
Topic starter  
player1 wrote:
Make it possible for player to get energy shield.

Why didn't I think of that, problem solved and now they will have a difficult time too shooting at ya' 😆


ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Moderator
Joined: 6 years ago
Posts: 8669
 

Couple of other things I like to see are more mediators on each of the planets that can negotiate with the factions for a price.

These faction setting need to be adjusted as all it take is accidentally shooting one of them and you will be for ever fighting them off both on planet and in space.

Also some way to get more fuel for the buggies on Gil and a way to heal your Tauntaun things.


ReplyQuote
player1
(@player1)
Petty Officer Registered
Joined: 12 years ago
Posts: 22
 

Yeah, pretty much most "broken" aspect of reputation system is that any negative value in reputation means that every armed member of that faction will shoot you on sight. So there is really no way to repair reputation, for example by doing quests for such faction.

It would make more sense if you needed -30 or something like that for "shoot on sight" behavior.


ReplyQuote
Wesp5
(@wesp5)
Senior Chief Registered
Joined: 12 years ago
Posts: 95
 
PINBACK wrote:
Couple of other things I like to see are more mediators on each of the planets that can negotiate with the factions for a price.

I actually included something like this in the 1.2 unofficial patch, because the Empire and Democratic Union agents on Goldin looked like they were intended for this. I removed it for 1.3 because of the missing voices and because I think they are too far away from the planets were this would be needed.


ReplyQuote
niadly
(@niadly)
Crewman Registered
Joined: 12 years ago
Posts: 8
 

It would be nice to be able to join a faction and have a follower or command group (like in STALKER Clear Sky) that would be awesome running around with some empire guys in the exo suits!

MORE WEAPONS! all I ever use is the Assualt Rifle.

Satiation? (getting Hungry and having to eat or you lose stamina)theres plenty of food around too.

A new Planet or expansion of slighly used planets (like the planet you go to get the Cold Fusion device - its small)

actual faction oriented space missions (instead of protect/escort/destroy)

varied NPC models/skins

better sunsets (in my game it goes from light to dark VERY quick, theres no twilight)

better rain (the rain looks awful)

A-Z custom skins so she doesnt look like every other hologram

Option to build/ buy home on each planet (complete with STASH BOXES)

More "Mercenary" type missions.(assassinations,sabotage,theft of sensitive materials and new tech) Treece is a merc after all, he should be in high demand with all the different factions.

change out some of the broken perks(like Chaser) and add in some better perks (maybe a 50% damage bonus against Gnows)

and MORE WEAPONS!


ReplyQuote
Wesp5
(@wesp5)
Senior Chief Registered
Joined: 12 years ago
Posts: 95
 
niadly wrote:

and MORE WEAPONS!

I disagree! I actually despise games with hundreds of weapons that are much too similar, like e.g. Fallout 3 or Borderlands. Give me a handful of weapons that are distinctive like in Precursors and this is enough for me. Hello to this forum, niadly, but you should be aware that we got our own forums on RPG Watch in the meantime :)!


ReplyQuote
Tarash
(@tarash)
Petty Officer Registered
Joined: 12 years ago
Posts: 31
Topic starter  
niadly wrote:

*snip*

Option to build/ buy home on each planet (complete with STASH BOXES)

Wonderful idea, how I could forget about that I loved my own homes in Oblivion too.

Like the other ideas you've mentioned as well but I had to snip it cause it would be too long to use as a quote 😉

What the weapons concern, I've been using the assault rifle as the only weapon too so I can agree.

I understand Wesp5 too though.

If possible many weapons so people get to choose but not an exaggerated amount and those who like to stick to one or two can choose to do so as well.

Post your ideas as well in the same thread on the RPG Watch forums.


ReplyQuote
player1
(@player1)
Petty Officer Registered
Joined: 12 years ago
Posts: 22
 

Assault Rifle is good all-around weapon, but I have fun with other weapons too. Being able to switch between explosive and armor piercing rounds is great.

Sniper is really good for stealth kills at range. When going in wild, without vehicle, it's great secondary weapon.

Tensek is great on Gil, when there is plenty of ammo and you are against Brids of Nest (they use this weapon a lot, so lots of ammo to loot). Also very precise at long range, unlike Assault Rifle. Disadvantage: heavy as well (including ammo, which is spend rapidly), rare ammo on other worlds, and gets spent quickly.

Agisha is an awesome weapon. All advantages of rocket launcher, but with very light ammo. One hit may have 50% strength of regular missile, but mere fact you can carry over 100 "rounds" of ammo without issues makes this great anti-personnel and anti-vehicle weapon. Pretty much my main weapon in 2nd half of the game, and main reason to get perk that gives access to missile weapons.

Pistol: Best way for disarming mines. Very light.


ReplyQuote
Tarash
(@tarash)
Petty Officer Registered
Joined: 12 years ago
Posts: 31
Topic starter  
player1 wrote:
Assault Rifle is good all-around weapon, but I have fun with other weapons too. Being able to switch between explosive and armor piercing rounds is great.

Sniper is really good for stealth kills at range. When going in wild, without vehicle, it's great secondary weapon.

Tensek is great on Gil, when there is plenty of ammo and you are against Brids of Nest (they use this weapon a lot, so lots of ammo to loot). Also very precise at long range, unlike Assault Rifle. Disadvantage: heavy as well (including ammo, which is spend rapidly), rare ammo on other worlds, and gets spent quickly.

Agisha is an awesome weapon. All advantages of rocket launcher, but with very light ammo. One hit may have 50% strength of regular missile, but mere fact you can carry over 100 "rounds" of ammo without issues makes this great anti-personnel and anti-vehicle weapon. Pretty much my main weapon in 2nd half of the game, and main reason to get perk that gives access to missile weapons.

Pistol: Best way for disarming mines. Very light.

Thx for sharing cause that gives me an idea on what to use in those special situations.

Haven't continued with the game from where I left off cause I want to see what Wesp5 comes up with in his next patch and if we do get the SDK like badmofo mentioned on the RPG Watch forums then I want to see what possibilites there are what mods concern.


ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Moderator
Joined: 6 years ago
Posts: 8669
 
Wesp5 wrote:

I actually included something like this in the 1.2 unofficial patch, because the Empire and Democratic Union agents on Goldin looked like they were intended for this. I removed it for 1.3 because of the missing voices and because I think they are too far away from the planets were this would be needed.

The Empire/ Democratic Union are the two faction you are most likely to meet in space so having the mediators on Goldin would work as it’s a neutral planet. Was there any text with them and did it allow you to lower your rating with either side. ❓

Did you ever find any way to mediate with the bandits on Goldin. ❓

player1 wrote:

Sniper is really good for stealth kills at range. When going in wild, without vehicle, it's great secondary weapon.

Sniper rifle also good for picking them of at a distance without it effecting your ranking with the different fractions in the game.


ReplyQuote
Wesp5
(@wesp5)
Senior Chief Registered
Joined: 12 years ago
Posts: 95
 
PINBACK wrote:

The Empire/ Democratic Union are the two faction you are most likely to meet in space so having the mediators on Goldin would work as it’s a neutral planet.

Ah, haven't thought of it like that. Maybe I keep this inside the patch nevertheless.

Quote:

Was there any text with them and did it allow you to lower your rating with either side. ❓

No, I added the text myself and I know how to influence the faction stats. But they didn't have any sound. I've got to take some reply of theirs that is fitting and has voice-overs...

Quote:

Did you ever find any way to mediate with the bandits on Goldin. ❓

No, but I added some for the lonely bandit sitting in the BBK and also mediation with civilians and security through Kasterley.


ReplyQuote
niadly
(@niadly)
Crewman Registered
Joined: 12 years ago
Posts: 8
 

Melee attack

i noticed that th enemy AI can melee YOU, but not the other way around - so theres an animation there, i wonder if there is a way to animate the player to gun bash.


ReplyQuote
bradleypariah
(@bradleypariah)
Crewman Registered
Joined: 12 years ago
Posts: 5
 
niadly wrote:
better sunsets (in my game it goes from light to dark VERY quick, theres no twilight)

Right?? Right at sunrise and sunset, my framerate drops like a mother and it's over in like 10 seconds. I wouldn't even care if the dusk and dawn looked the exact same, but how about they at least be there?

I recently upgraded my graphics card, so I don't know if I'd still experience transition issues, but it was a beast before.


ReplyQuote