Notifications
Clear all

Lost, and a bit confused.

IronHound
(@ironhound)
Warrant Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Ok. Hi. I recently purchased the game from Gamersgate, and am currently installing it. Unfortunately, I see ALOT of little fixes, for alot of problems. Naturally, I want to have the most stable, and playable version of the game as possible. Now, as far as I can tell, I need several things.

1. 1.1 Russian Patch for the game.

2. Unofficial patch by Wesp5

3. Original sound files.

Is this correct? Or is it perfectly stable as it is from Gamersgate?

Secondly, the descriptions really confuse me. What is this game about? (Story wise.) Is there a manual somewhere? Gamersgate doesn't provide a link. I feel guilty as it is, as I just spent money I really don't have. (Cmon already tax returns. :P) so I'm trying to make sure the game is as good as it can be.

Also, I saw in another thread, the suggestion about a FAQ or something. I think this would be immensly helpful, as there are alot of little fixes and such.

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

IronHound wrote:
Also, I saw in another thread, the suggestion about a FAQ or something. I think this would be immensly helpful, as there are alot of little fixes and such.

If you post the info or give it to me Ironhound I will make a nice post on this. Because I think it would help a lot of people.

ReplyQuote
IronHound
(@ironhound)
Warrant Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Once I get all of it, I'll be sure to send it your way, Im a bit hazy on a few things, but I think I can put a post together with some help from the other various posters.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

First I would ask for my money back from GamerGate as what they are selling is the worst version of the game, from details given by others.

It’s version 1.0 of the game.

No Russian voice over for the missions ect.

Not patched to version 1.1.

They used some “no cd crack on it”.

Original game English translation.

No ATI graphic card fix.

Better to get the Russian version from yuplay.ru theirs some instruction on how to do it on RPG watch.

http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12488

If you want to continue then check kolbaszosfank post here

the-precursors-f42/official-english-game-issues-and-impressions-t1671.html

sound issues check Corwyn post here on page 2.

the-precursors-f42/sound-issues-t1596-15.html

Then use Wesp5 English patch.

the-precursors-f42/unofficial-patch-released-t1795.html

I have the Russian version of the game so I dont know how well all this works, hopefully others will chip in who have the GG version of the game.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

To save cluttering up Wesp 5 patch thread, I have posted this here.

The game can be a bit confusing when you first start, once you get through the tutorial and get to Goldin thing should become clear.

Any question you have just post some one will try to answer them.

A few points about the mini map top right corner, can be changed to a smaller blue coloured map by using the TAB key to show enemies “red” friends “green”.

On the normal "large mini map"

A red flag in you mini map indicates a story quest.

A green flag in the mini map is a side quest.

You are the red dot with the line, the line shows which direction you are facing

A blue arrow below the mini map means you have enough experience point for one of the perks

AZ the ship computer will tell you most things if you miss anything then look in the log under AZ.

Good to hear you managed to get the GG version working Ironhound.

ReplyQuote