Notifications
Clear all

Official English Game - Issues and Impressions

Page 2 / 3

Wesp5
(@wesp5)
Senior Chief Registered

SGDominator wrote:
Can you imagine the additions and expansions they could have created. Not to mention the modding tools.

You should be aware that an old SDK was released on the new unofficial Deep Shadows forum:

http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=42

ReplyQuote
Fafhred
(@fafhred)
Petty Officer Registered

Wesp5 wrote:
Fafhred wrote:
As an existing customer of GamersGate, having bought a significant number of games from them, I just sent them a support request to try to obtain a statement from them regarding an up to date version.

No fear, I know from a reliable source that an official English patch will be released soon :)!

Well, I just received a contradictory answer from GamersGate:

Hi

There is no 1.1 version for English yet.

We have not been given any ETA of when this might be realized.

The developers are aware of these problems and one might assume they are working on it. But we have not been given any information about this.

Best Regards

Max

Customer Support

GamersGate

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Wesp5 wrote:

You should be aware that an old SDK was released on the new unofficial Deep Shadows forum:

http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=42

Be nice if some one can make use of it, but I thought they had one already for White gold and is not the Russian mod for Precursors a modification of a white gold one. ❓

Fafhred wrote:

Hi

There is no 1.1 version for English yet.

We have not been given any ETA of when this might be realized.

The developers are aware of these problems and one might assume they are working on it. But we have not been given any information about this.

Best Regards

Max

Customer Support

GamersGate

Nobody seems to know if Deep Shadow are still a going concern or if they are out of business so I find that quote from gamer gate some what suspect. 😕

ReplyQuote
player1
(@player1)
Petty Officer Registered

Quote:
...one might assume they are working on it.

It's clear they have no idea.

ReplyQuote
Wesp5
(@wesp5)
Senior Chief Registered

player1 wrote:

It's clear they have no idea.

They probably haven't because nobody knows what Deep Shadows is up to. But I know for sure that the Russian publisher GFI who provided the English version to GamersGate, is working on a patch. I know this because I am involved in it as well :)!

ReplyQuote
player1
(@player1)
Petty Officer Registered

That's great news!

I hope they fix those sounds issues as well. Sure, I would prefer using Russian voices as workaround, but most of the people "in the wild" just see official game and patches, and declare is as buggy piece of **** due to sound dropouts.

ReplyQuote
Wesp5
(@wesp5)
Senior Chief Registered

player1 wrote:

I hope they fix those sounds issues as well. Sure, I would prefer using Russian voices as workaround, but most of the people "in the wild" just see official game and patches, and declare is as buggy piece of **** due to sound dropouts.

As far as I know GFI intends to officially offer the Russian sound files additionally to the normal patch.

ReplyQuote
player1
(@player1)
Petty Officer Registered

That's even better!

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Nice one Wesp5, 😎 will you still be doing the unofficial English patch. ❓

ReplyQuote
Wesp5
(@wesp5)
Senior Chief Registered

PINBACK wrote:
Nice one Wesp5, 😎 will you still be doing the unofficial English patch. ❓

Yes. The deal is that they only use the resource file for their version and other things like my screens are optional.

ReplyQuote
player1
(@player1)
Petty Officer Registered

Hey, does it mean that any bugs that can be fixed in resource files can we report to you, and they'll eventually end up in GG patch.

I had issues with two quests, one with race organizer and another with guy from one of the quest givers in free brotherhood camp.

I don't remember where was that race organizer (maybe in Sunax system, but maybe not), exempt that he had same model as bartender (black dude), and that it was imperial station. At first, there were some issues with dialogue where he either asked for 3000 or for 5000 credits for the race. Then when accepting, he actually gave you 3000 credits (maybe this breaks the quest). After race is finished, he doesn't want to talk to you.

As for other quest, guy asks for some blueprints from imperial camp, that is located at north (he also uses bartender model). After you obtain those blueprints, same guy won't talk to you. Also, those blueprints aren't tagged as quest item.

^this was all done with GG resource file, but I don't think it was anywhere mentioned that you fixed this.

ReplyQuote
Wesp5
(@wesp5)
Senior Chief Registered

player1 wrote:
Hey, does it mean that any bugs that can be fixed in resource files can we report to you, and they'll eventually end up in GG patch.

Exactly :)!

Quote:

I don't remember where was that race organizer (maybe in Sunax system, but maybe not), exempt that he had same model as bartender (black dude), and that it was imperial station. At first, there were some issues with dialogue where he either asked for 3000 or for 5000 credits for the race. Then when accepting, he actually gave you 3000 credits (maybe this breaks the quest). After race is finished, he doesn't want to talk to you.

I think you already reported this somewhere else, because I have fixed it in the meantime.

Quote:

As for other quest, guy asks for some blueprints from imperial camp, that is located at north (he also uses bartender model). After you obtain those blueprints, same guy won't talk to you. Also, those blueprints aren't tagged as quest item.

Okay, that would be Norman. Try the updated resource.qrc file attached please.

ReplyQuote
player1
(@player1)
Petty Officer Registered

^In GG version, he is just called Free Trader. Heh...

Anyway, I tested that quest, and it's working.

Now, I'll try the one with race.

EDIT1: He takes money correctly, instead giving me 3000 credits.

EDIT2: Race commentator still refers to 5000 credits.

EDIT3: Got winning pot of 6000. Quest solved.

P.S.

I've noticed in my first game playthough, that when taking quests from both sides on Clatz, that sometimes some main quests get stuck from the losing side, without being canceled. Sorry, but I don't know conditions and how it happens.

P.P.S.

Interesting... escape pods in your resource file look different compared to GG version. Some other icons are different too. like for taking minerals in space (not hand icon, but some beam). Are these maybe assets changed in Russian 1.1 patch, or is it something else.

ReplyQuote
Wesp5
(@wesp5)
Senior Chief Registered

player1 wrote:
^In GG version, he is just called Free Trader. Heh...

EDIT2: Race commentator still refers to 5000 credits.

I removed the number of credits there because you bet different sums in different races.

Quote:

I've noticed in my first game playthough, that when taking quests from both sides on Clatz, that sometimes some main quests get stuck from the losing side, without being canceled. Sorry, but I don't know conditions and how it happens.

I yet no little about the mission dynamics themselves.

Quote:

Interesting... escape pods in your resource file look different compared to GG version. Some other icons are different too. like for taking minerals in space (not hand icon, but some beam). Are these maybe assets changed in Russian 1.1 patch, or is it something else.

That's my work :)! I had a look with the SDK at the graphics and restored some unused icons like these...

ReplyQuote
Vulcano
(@vulcano)
Crewman Registered

Wesp5, may I ask, Im just curious, any official news? I I want to buy this game, but I am waiting for the official patch.

ReplyQuote
Wesp5
(@wesp5)
Senior Chief Registered

Vulcano wrote:
Wesp5, may I ask, Im just curious, any official news? I I want to buy this game, but I am waiting for the official patch.

They are in the testing phase right now and would still like to fix the random sound issues that can happen in the English game. I don't know when the patch will be ready, but it shouldn't be long.

ReplyQuote
Vulcano
(@vulcano)
Crewman Registered

Thank you for your kind reply. 🙂

ReplyQuote
Fafhred
(@fafhred)
Petty Officer Registered

Also waiting for the same thing.

Once the GFI patch is ready, what exactly will be the difference between Gamersgate version with that patch, and any version patched with your non-GFI patch (besides the Russian voices which I will not go for)?

ReplyQuote
Wesp5
(@wesp5)
Senior Chief Registered

Fafhred wrote:

Once the GFI patch is ready, what exactly will be the difference between Gamersgate version with that patch, and any version patched with your non-GFI patch (besides the Russian voices which I will not go for)?

The official patch hopefully includes the 1.1 executables compared to my patch where you have to install the official patch 1.1 yourself. Besides that only the loading and menu background screens will be different...

ReplyQuote
DragonWolf
(@dragonwolf)
Petty Officer Registered

does it work on win 7?

ReplyQuote
Cruisin1500
(@cruisin1500)
Master Chief Registered

wesp what is the latest ?:)

ReplyQuote
Boombaru23
(@boombaru23)
Crewman Registered

Anyone have and want to share a save of this game ?

ReplyQuote
natansharp
(@natansharp)
Master Chief Registered

Lot of bugs...too much bugs in this game.

I dind't found it on steam.

ReplyQuote
XenonS
(@xenons)
Warrant Officer Registered

This game is for sure worth a look, it's a good mix of FPS and space sim. A year ago or so it was on GOG.com and Gamersgate for 10-15$, as far as i remember, not anymore, I checked that.

As for the bugs: I have written a "Little Walkthrough" saved on this site which explains how to install correctly, which patches to use, hints, tips & secrets.

If you can put your hands on this game, do it! It should not be too expensive anymore and you get some good action for your money.

XenonS

ReplyQuote
natansharp
(@natansharp)
Master Chief Registered

Excuse me can you link your walkthrough?

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 3