Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

ReplyQuote
natansharp
(@natansharp)
Master Chief Registered

Thanks pinback.

The main problem for me was the sound. After the first mission the sound stop to work and i can never ear my gun nor the environment and the enemies.

I wasn't able to fix it.

ReplyQuote
XenonS
(@xenons)
Warrant Officer Registered

NatanSharp,

have you applied the Wesp Patch 1.7 over your original install ? (AFAIK, it should fix sound problems because there is a box to tick when installing the patch that must be activated).

Also, if you have the English original version, you must google and download the Russian Sound files and install them before applying Wesp's patch. Cutscenes will be in English (from the Wesp patch), dialogues in Russian with English subtitiles and all without sound problems.

To avoid problems you must install the game with everything explained in my walkthrough.

XenonS

[ADD]

I have just checked my download files. Unfortunately, the size of the Russian Sound Files are 1,125 GB in size, so I cannot just upload them here for those who need them, try out from here:

http://precursors.wikia.com/wiki/Fixes

The files I have are:

gf_sounds.grp, size 1.348.783.031

main.fat,  size 5.267.920

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

I can upload them here and I will download and put them on the site for people to get at them since I think we have all the other Precursors patch files. I did never get this game because I missed the sales. Didn't think it was still for sale any more.

ReplyQuote
XenonS
(@xenons)
Warrant Officer Registered

Thanks, DarkOne

This will help to solve most problems with the game.  It really needs to be patched or it will be unplayable.  To my knowledge, 2 original versions for this game exist when buying it:

- Russian version; can be patched with Official patch 1.1, but some game features will not be available anymore and still the game will crash frequently.

- English version 1.0 (from GoG.com, Gamersgate); this version is NOT playable after install: sound problems, frequent crashes.

Russian version = English version 1.0 + Russian Sound Files

BOTH versions need to be patched with the Wesp patch for best playing experience.

XenonS

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Hmm that wiki link for the files on Moddb might be messed up, it links to the same file twice.

If I can get a valid link I will ftp it up to the server.

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3