Notifications
Clear all

 


I use crypto.com app personally on a daily basis and its great and takes the stress out of learning crypto and the crypto debit cards are great, ask me anything on this. I will probably make a thread discussing crypto soon. REFERRAL CODE = p5mu64hcq4
 

Unofficial Patch 1.4 released!


Wesp5
(@wesp5)
Senior Chief Registered
Joined: 12 years ago
Posts: 95
Topic starter  

Hi everybody, the Unofficial Patch has been updated to 1.4 which includes all the additional fixes in the Official English Patch and some more fixes and features. You can find it here and it should work with all Russian or English versions out there:

http://www.patches-scrolls.de/precursors.php#tp14

Update: Please download the version from 20.4.2011 if you get a crash on startup.


Quote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Joined: 6 years ago
Posts: 7626
 

Thanks for the update Wesp5, uploading it to the file area now. And with this patch do you think Precursors is very playable if I purchase the download version from Gamersgate?


ReplyQuote
Wesp5
(@wesp5)
Senior Chief Registered
Joined: 12 years ago
Posts: 95
Topic starter  

Yes, but maybe you should look at the Beamdog version too, because they already offer the Russian voice-pack :)!

Darkone, please replace the version in your file area with the one from 20.4.2011, the other version may crash on startup.


ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Moderator
Joined: 6 years ago
Posts: 8668
 

Nice one Wesp5. 😀


ReplyQuote
CaptainKal
(@captainkal)
Lieutenant Registered
Joined: 6 years ago
Posts: 711
 

Great job Wesp5.


ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Joined: 6 years ago
Posts: 7626
 
Wesp5 wrote:
Darkone, please replace the version in your file area with the one from 20.4.2011, the other version may crash on startup.

Removed and uploading the new one now.

Wesp5 wrote:
Yes, but maybe you should look at the Beamdog version too, because they already offer the Russian voice-pack !

Are you talking about getting it from here: http://www.beamdog.com/products/the-precursors ? And what is the Fan Improvement Pack listed here: http://www.beamdog.com/products/the-pre ... ement-pack


ReplyQuote
Wesp5
(@wesp5)
Senior Chief Registered
Joined: 12 years ago
Posts: 95
Topic starter  
DarkOne wrote:

Are you talking about getting it from here: http://www.beamdog.com/products/the-precursors ? And what is the Fan Improvement Pack listed here: http://www.beamdog.com/products/the-pre ... ement-pack

That's the version I was talking about! The Fan Improvement Pack are the original Russian voices which not only make the game much cooler, imagine it's an alien language ;), it also fixes the sound dropout issues people have.


ReplyQuote
Mauxion
(@mauxion)
Crewman Registered
Joined: 11 years ago
Posts: 6
 

Wesp5 in last quest for Ridger Merchant from the Wasteland give spice package instead of dust package for Famir.


ReplyQuote
Wesp5
(@wesp5)
Senior Chief Registered
Joined: 12 years ago
Posts: 95
Topic starter  
Mauxion wrote:
Wesp5 in last quest for Ridger Merchant from the Wasteland give spice package instead of dust package for Famir.

Sorry, but everything looks fine with this in my resource.qrc file. What is the exact object name and description you get?


ReplyQuote
Mauxion
(@mauxion)
Crewman Registered
Joined: 11 years ago
Posts: 6
 

Object name: Package

Descryption: Spice package from Sunax

After some tests i found that merchant have two lines that give package.

[attachment=679:Precursors 2011-04-26 16-48-38-68.jpg]

Option 1 gives correct dust package.

Option 6 gives spice package.

And cutscenes ogg in installer have modification date 1 hour less.

installer version from 20.4.2011

Cell key (without description) from fisherman quest on Gli is not removed from inventory.


ReplyQuote
Wesp5
(@wesp5)
Senior Chief Registered
Joined: 12 years ago
Posts: 95
Topic starter  
Mauxion wrote:

After some tests i found that merchant have two lines that give package.

[attachment=0]Precursors 2011-04-26 16-48-38-68.jpg[/attachment]

Option 1 gives correct dust package.

Option 6 gives spice package.

Ah, thanks for clearing that up! I will remove Option 6 in the next patch version.

Quote:

And cutscenes ogg in installer have modification date 1 hour less.

installer version from 20.4.2011

That is correct, the daytime saving change did this. Is the 20.4.2011 version working for you?

Quote:

Cell key (without description) from fisherman quest on Gli is not removed from inventory.

Hm, what do you expect me to do, remove it when it is used? I don't remember how this is handled in TP and I don't know how I would change this. I added a description and I could make the key droppable though, so you could get rid of it afterwards...


ReplyQuote
Mauxion
(@mauxion)
Crewman Registered
Joined: 11 years ago
Posts: 6
 

Cutscenes from version 20.4.2011 still cause crash on run (I redownloaded patch from patches scrolls 5 minutes ago)

so I repleced them with files from moddb which are working fine.

As for the key you could add remove item command to fisherman reward script so it could be removed when he gives reward. Power cell quest removes keycard to bandits storage on completion so you can look in its script to see how it is handled.


ReplyQuote
Wesp5
(@wesp5)
Senior Chief Registered
Joined: 12 years ago
Posts: 95
Topic starter  
Mauxion wrote:
Cutscenes from version 20.4.2011 still cause crash on run (I redownloaded patch from patches scrolls 5 minutes ago)

Were you using the GameFront mirror? I think it hasn't been updated yet. Please try the version below and tell me if it works:

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20244713/TPup14_exe

Quote:

As for the key you could add remove item command to fisherman reward script so it could be removed when he gives reward. Power cell quest removes keycard to bandits storage on completion so you can look in its script to see how it is handled.

I don't know how to access quest scripts, but I will remove the key when you speak to the captured friend of the fisherman.


ReplyQuote
Mauxion
(@mauxion)
Crewman Registered
Joined: 11 years ago
Posts: 6
 

The file you posted works fine. Looks like Gamefront is in no hurry to update their mirrors.

Keep up the good work Wesp5 if Ifind any more bugs or inconsistencies I will let you know. Thank you for your awesome work.


ReplyQuote