Detroit in Ruins! (...

Notifications
Clear all

Detroit in Ruins! (coming to a city near you?)

Shingen
(@shingen)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Here's a pretty good conspiracy - The Statist's Utopia - curtsy of your friendly neighborhood incorporated Federal/State/County/City governments and associated organized syndicates. Could this be your city in the next few years?

Pretty sad...

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Not really a conspiracy, its people spending money they don't have and unions thinking they deserve the moon and the stars.

But it is a real shame that Detroit has fallen so far. This type of thing needs to be seen by people so they can see what is happening. 28% unemployment that is crazy that's almost 3x the national average. Makes you really think what is really in this health bill especiallys since some Senators got payoffs to sign on to the bill. Common sense tells you that if you have to give incentives to your own party to go along with legislation than the bill is probably not worth voting on 🙂

Well if Bethesda needs inspiration for another Fallout game they can come to Detroit.

ReplyQuote
ViolentAJ
(@violentaj)
Petty Officer Registered

Reminds me of this site I used to browse called "Detroit is Crap".

I'd argue that most major cities int he US are going downhill for one reason or another. LA isn't that much better; it's just a bit more cosmopolitan.

ReplyQuote
Shingen
(@shingen)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  
Darkone wrote:
Not really a conspiracy,

Makes you really think what is really in this health bill especiallys since some Senators got payoffs to sign on to the bill.

That kinda sounds like a conspiracy to me.

Big government in bed with Big Unions in bed with Bed Pharma kinda sounds like a conspiracy to me..

conspiracy: an evil, unlawful, treacherous, or surreptitious plan formulated in secret by two or more persons; plot.

ReplyQuote
Shant
(@shant)
Warrant Officer Registered

THis garbage health bill is exactly the kind of thing that comes along once in a while and actually makes me want to run for office. Mary Landrews (sp?) got a $300,ooo,ooo payoff to sign the bill and Ben Nelson managed to get his state a pass from having to pay their medicaid bill, which only means that all the other states will be paying their bill. Senators have since come out and questioned whether that's even constitutional. Shame on these idiots we're electing.

And 28% unemployment??? Oh my God...it's closer to 10% here in California and I'm still finding it impossible to find a job out here in LA. You have to apply to 20 places just to secure an interview. I guess I should be glad I'm not in Detroit. Something else I heard about Detroit, 69% of their students are below the minimum in standardized tests. They test so low, they say it's the equivalent of kids who've never been to school and just guess on the answers. Unbelievable.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

Shingen wrote:
conspiracy: an evil, unlawful, treacherous, or surreptitious plan formulated in secret by two or more persons; plot.

Oh then this thread definitely needs to be here since this bill was crafted in secret and with no intervention from the other party. Personally there should be some checks/balances in place to prevent a side from just ramming things down our throat. A bill of this magnitude should be voted on by the people of the United States. Because it is obvious they are not voting in the best interest of the country and the people and over 60% of the people don't want this bill that they are trying to pass.

Shant wrote:
THis garbage health bill is exactly the kind of thing that comes along once in a while and actually makes me want to run for office. Mary Landrews (sp?) got a $300,ooo,ooo payoff to sign the bill and Ben Nelson managed to get his state a pass from having to pay their medicaid bill, which only means that all the other states will be paying their bill. Senators have since come out and questioned whether that's even constitutional. Shame on these idiots we're electing.

This is sad...

Shant wrote:
Something else I heard about Detroit, 69% of their students are below the minimum in standardized tests. They test so low, they say it's the equivalent of kids who've never been to school and just guess on the answers. Unbelievable.

Hard to believe we let things get like this. I bet each of those teachers get paid at least over $50k a year and those kids are dumb as stones. Personally teachers salaries should reflect the childs passing and test scores. Kids want to learn in general they just need direction and guidance.

ReplyQuote
Shant
(@shant)
Warrant Officer Registered

I'm personally in favor of merit based pay for teachers, but when a student performs that poorly, I personally ascribe the bulk of the blame to the parents. If the parent(s) are doing their job no student will perform that poorly, I don't care how much ADD they've got.

ReplyQuote
Shingen
(@shingen)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  
Shant wrote:
I'm personally in favor of merit based pay for teachers, but when a student performs that poorly, I personally ascribe the bulk of the blame to the parents. If the parent(s) are doing their job no student will perform that poorly, I don't care how much ADD they've got.

The current State controlled education system is not there is teach your kids math - science - reading - or other life skills. The State controlled education system is there to educate your kids to be good followers and workers, socially accepting of whatever is placed in front of them by their media and controllers. It works perfectly.

ReplyQuote
ViolentAJ
(@violentaj)
Petty Officer Registered

Shingen wrote:

The current State controlled education system is not there is teach your kids math - science - reading - or other life skills. The State controlled education system is there to educate your kids to be good followers and workers, socially accepting of whatever is placed in front of them by their media and controllers. It works perfectly.

I agree. It's the same on all levels, even the university. Why does a Computer Scientist need to know "multicultural psychology"? I can learn more about that subject by actually interacting with people of different cultures, and for the most part, I must say that stereotypes generally do hold true.

ReplyQuote
ViolentAJ
(@violentaj)
Petty Officer Registered

I've read a lot about Detroit. Some students just don't want to learn/ might just be incapable of learning. There have been many articles on this subject, that lean a bit towards the politically incorrect side...

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

Well everyone has the ability to learn, its just you need drive/motivation and that is probably what they are missing. Whether it is the parenting or the schoolteachers, something is missing if you have a higher jail rate than graduation. The kids aren't dumb they look out side the school windows and just see the state of the city they live in and think everyone has forsaken them.

ReplyQuote