Notifications
Clear all

PSOne Classic Wing Commander IV on PSN

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

You can now download the classic WCIV from Origin Systems from the Playstation Network (PSN) for a good price of $5.99 it is over 2GB download so make sure you have the space.

I might pick this up so I will have a legit space game on my PS3 since there is none on the platform yet.

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Have they made any improvement to the games graphic/controls? or is it a straight port of the ps1 ver ❓

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

It's a port of the original PSone to play on the PSP and PS3. It would have been nice for them to at least stick in the DVD quality movie scenes and brush it up a bit. Nothing but a little texture work 🙂

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

IIRC the ps1 joypad was not very good at controlling the ship and dont think it could use the dual shock one,so Iam just wondering if they have looked at this?.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

They probably did because they wouldn't have released it if it wasn't compatible with the PS3 control scheme and the PSP scheme. Granted it is only $6 but it's amazing how fast the word spreads when stuff like controller issues pop up :). They could have charged $10 if they would have put in the HD style videos and just tweaked some graphical settings.

ReplyQuote