Notifications
Clear all

New Egosoft Game

Page 2 / 2

wormhole
(@wormhole)
Petty Officer Registered

My response is in the quote, sorry...

I'm not contrary to any pre-release of course, but for beta releases and such there must be a serious reason for the dev to do so AND it must make sense for him as for sellings in the future. My guess is that such pre-releases you see on Steam (Valve) are all over the place, biasing any serious intentions to improve the titles further, not every game author has this aim, but it's just the impression I have when browsing.

XenonS

Unfortunately there are always people who are ready to misuse features to gain money if possible.

Some rule of thumb I'm using:

- Don't support the project if you are not ready to lose your money

- Don't support project if the developers are not showing their faces and use their real names

- Don't support the project if you are fine that the project doesn't get funded

- Be skeptical

ReplyQuote
XenonS
(@xenons)
Warrant Officer Registered

I think that I have over-reacted in the last posts about pre-releases, it's my deception about some titles going into stagnation

I encourage (and I do if possible) funding serious games if I'm interested and the authors show to need help, wether buying releases or pre-releases.

XenonS

ReplyQuote
wormhole
(@wormhole)
Petty Officer Registered

I think that I have over-reacted in the last posts about pre-releases, it's my deception about some titles going into stagnation

I encourage (and I do if possible) funding serious games if I'm interested and the authors show to need help, wether buying releases or pre-releases.

XenonS

Well, it is not bad idea to be skeptical and careful. There are and has been lots of plain hoax projects. Unfortunately some projects started with good intentions but eventually failed - that's why it is good to be ready to lose pledged money.

It will be interesting to see what Egosoft is going to do in future. Starting to communicate with the community and let them help with the development shouldn't be a bad idea.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2