Notifications
Clear all

X Rebirth 3.50 updates

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator
Topic starter  

Patch 3.50 is out on Steam. http://steamcommunity.com/games/2870/announcements/detail/133193267298626913

Our latest update for X: Rebirth is now available. New features include:

• New generic missions and new upkeep missions for easier station management.

• New ships: The new Onil mining ships available in the Canteran shipyard in DeVries.

• New "Container Magnet" which helps to attract nearby collectables to the player ship.

• Easier navigation through text search field in map.

• New FXAA graphics option.

And among the many other improvements in 3.50 are:

• Improved station manager and station owned ship trade behavior.

• Improved balancing and accuracy of combat calculations when player is not present.

• Improved response of player owned stations to nearby player ships being attacked.

• Completely reworked Russian localization.

• Improved support for UI-modding and much more...

We also have a Free Weekend running on Steam until the 15th of March for all of our X series games, and the very first Alpha test version of X: Rebirth for Linux is available through Steam Play.

Only 26 meg in size, thought it was going to be bigger.

Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

New patch out. http://steamcommunity.com/games/2870/announcements/detail/213132793803714033

• Collision shield damage now only applies to player ship, or drone when under player remote control.

• Improved balancing and accuracy of combat calculations when player is not present.

• Fixed missing drone docks on Sucellus and Balor.

• Fixed missing shield protection for drone bays on large Teladi ships (Teladi Outpost DLC only).

• Fixed player being thrown far into empty space when leaving super highway under autopilot.

• Fixed mass-traffic "clumping" after loading a savegame.

• Fixed problem with mapping buttons on certain joysticks.

• Fixed very rare case where a target might not be selected using gamepad controls.

• Fixed delay when launching mining drones from Teladi capital ship (Teladi Outpost DLC only).

• Fixed engineers not returning Construction URVs in some situations.

• Fixed incorrect maximum shield values during and after construction.

• Fixed repairing of station parts not correctly restoring surface elements.

• Fixed "free" upgrades on stations extended when the player is not present.

• Fixed scan station missions not completing.

• Fixed missing variation name on several ships.

• Fixed "zombie" NPCs on certain stations who will not respond to attempts to talk.

• Fixed capital ships not being able to boost if shields are too low.

• Fixed claimed ships not running commands after claim is complete.

• Fixed drones bumping while trying to dock on certain docks.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Think I need a better graphics card to play X:R, because during that free demo time on steam last week I had to lower a lot of gfx settings to get decent frame rates. But in my time playing I thought it a bit annoying that you couldn't find missions easily (or I was missing something). That and I still think the station experience needs to be more polished because it seems cookie cutter and a lot of the places I docked looked all the same. Would be nice if they varied up the locations and layouts a bit more.

Guess I will wait on getting this one until my gfx card situation changes, but its always nice to see that they are continuing to fix bugs.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Yup the walking about the station could do with being looked at with more variation in the interiors and the butt ugly inhabitants could do with a make over.

Maybe one of the modders will give it a go some day.

Their are lot mission to take, the stations are covered in icons which can be clicked on or they were last time I look at the game.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Patch 3.52

X Rebirth 3.52 is now available.

• Fixed default NPCs being able to board the playership and getting stuck.

• Fixed being able to get more than five skill stars through employee training before skills are revealed.

• Fixed ship animation issues when leaving the area and returning later.

• Fixed some Russian localisation issues.

• Fixed a problem loading plot savegames made in versions created prior to 3.51 while player ship docked.

Note: Although the last fix listed above does restore Yisha if she was accidentally removed in 3.51, we recommend that you do not use savegames made in 3.51 which suffered this problem as you may encounter problems such as stuck plot missions. Savegames made in 3.50 which would have suffered this problem had they been loaded in 3.51 should be be fine in 3.52.

Would anyone have noticed if Yisha was removed from the game.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

And XR get another small update. http://steamcommunity.com/games/2870/announcements/detail/213134064189769179

• Improved extension handling so that loading order of mods now follows defined dependencies.

• Fixed several of the most common remaining causes of crashes.

• Fixed capital shield being unable to boost if they have no shields (fix in 3.51 did not work in all cases).

• Fixed broken buttons on player ship entry in encyclopedia.

• Fixed rounding error relating to upgrade counts.

• Fixed missing text truncation for objectives in Mission Manager.

ReplyQuote
XenonS
(@xenons)
Warrant Officer Registered

Hi,

actually I'm playing on a i7 desktop with an older NVidia GeForce 8800 GTS, and with some tweaks I'm running fine with patch 3.1, except some lags in FP mode. I have enforced Triple Buffering and Vsynch and I'm using  the automatic software-guided fan control with MSI Afterburner (this will reduce the average GPU temperature to 10-15 degrees with more fan activity).

So I'm eager to see the performance improvements in 3.5.

What I'm most interested in is: How do the DRONES perform since the release 2.5 ? I've read a lot of complaints about the UMV drones not returning to their ships after action or showing odd behavior etc. , I think drones can be a tremendous help in any combat situation, but you have to be able to command them precisely and quickly.

Also still I have no clues about the precise targetting procedure when engaging a ship in combat. How do you target it, how do you use your cannons and missiles? I had to figure this out by try-and-error, and still I'm unsure if I do it correctly 🙂

Good overall job from Egosoft with their patches 😎

XenonS

ReplyQuote
XenonS
(@xenons)
Warrant Officer Registered

I'm playing with XR 3.53

My comments above about Performance are OBSOLETE, I have added a post "Performance hints with v.3.1+". This one has worked very well for my 'older' NVidia 8800 GTS on a i7 quad-core computer, but I will add any new infos if necessary.

As for the drones:

In v.3.53 drones are working well as far as I can jugde: you command drones with T, a Recalling Drones command is added and works fine if you don't make any turns with your ship, otherwise they get destroyed trying to land on your ship 🙂

I'm very satisfied with the gameplay so far, I haven't encountered any bugs that makes the game non-playable (as with prior versions !), so for the moment I guess Egosoft has done a very good job in patching.

They say: first we are working to patch anything, then we will try to add the content as for the player's wishes. I WANT to see this happening 😎

XenonS

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Bit odd Steam says their a update for tomorrow, my guess is it just some sort of Steam verification of the game. 

Edit All of 175kb and according to the Steam forums they removed the music download which was part of the digital collectors edition. 

This post was modified 4 years ago by Pinback

ReplyQuote