Notifications
Clear all

X4: Foundations releasing Nov 30th

Page 2 / 2

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

Nice information in that video, looks like egosoft is on top of things and getting fixes in and adding user requested features to the game thats all a plus. I didn't know X4 main engine was based solely on Vulcan... I know in the past AMD graphics cards seemed to excel at that, hmm wonder if there is any performance gains using AMD or Nvidia while playing X4?

ReplyQuote
natansharp
(@natansharp)
Master Chief Registered

I haven't bought X4 but i planned it on summer...i prefer to wait for future patches.
Anyway reading people opinions on the game i'm disappointed because of the lack of a decent main quest and sidequests. After terran conflict egosoft didn't games with good quests, for example rebirth has a bad main quest that stops suddenly and it's also very short. Sidequests are boring and cannot be called real sidequests. Without a quest, a story to live in the universe, the game is only a grind and build game. The gameplay is flattened. I think it's time for egosoft to go a step further and start to tell stories. We loved wing commander, freespace, freelancer and so on because they had a story. A game like x4 could became a masterpiece with well maden quests.

I fear X4 it's a boring game...

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

The game on sale with 25% off till Friday on Steam.

Don't know weather to take the plunge, I know deep down I will get burned by the mircro managment that the Xgame are famous for.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

Might want to wait for the July sale maybe you will get a better discount. I will probably buy this once all DLC is released and its been patched for a year or so. Plus I have to still try to play X Rebirth 😉 (nevermind all the others I haven't completed) haha... i get bored... maybe its my age 🙂

ReplyQuote
D.C.Elington
(@d-c-elington)
Warrant Officer Registered

Gave a shot at X1 and X2 but could not really get into into them either. To rebound on what Natansharp was saying the main quest vs empire building duality feels a bit awkward IMHO. Always strange when the damsel in distress is patiently waiting for you while you're minding your own business! This happens in many open worlds (optional side quests interrupting the main story) but in this case it's completely different activities which makes the issue more obvious I think.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Decided to give it a miss, I will just wait until the summer and see if it's on sale at a better price.

I always seen the Xgames more of a RTS or a 4X game than a open world game.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2