X4: Foundations v2.0

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

Egosoft has just released a major patch for X4

What's in the patch:

Player shipyards, Steam Workshop, rebalanced combat/economy

EGOSOFT is happy to announce the availability of X4: Foundations Update 2.00 including the following main features:

Player owned shipyards, wharfs and equipment docks: Players can now build and operate their own shipyards. This allows leaving an even deeper impact on the game's economy. Build ships for yourself or deliver them to the war factions. Participate in the faction wars on the highest possible level or just make a lot of profitsss.

Steam Workshop integration: Starting with version 2.00 X4: Foundations now also supports installing game mods via the Steam workshop. This will make it easier than ever for players to try out some of the already existing cool X4 mods!

Rebalancing of fight and economy: With Update 2.00 we changed a lot of parameters of the game economy and fight balancing. The goals include making crew gaining experience a bit easier, but also making a lot of changes to the turret and capital ship fight balancing.

As with the previous updates there are many more features and improvements, and the Russian as well as Japanese localisations have now made it out of beta. Find the details about all fixes and features here: Release Notes Update 2.00.

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Still going wait till the summer, before picking this up.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Yeah the way it sounded in their email is that v3.0 should be out this year as well near the end of the year and they are currently in beta with v2.2. I have always waited to buy these games because I know they need more cooking before they are ready. Plus I am in no hurry since I have yet to complete one of these games still 🙂 I should really make it a personal goal of mind to thoroughly play one of these X games.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Well it's 40 percent off in the Steam sale, but I'm still not buying it. 😀 

ReplyQuote
CaptainKal
(@captainkal)
Lieutenant Registered

Plus I am in no hurry since I have yet to complete one of these games still🙂I should really make it a personal goal of mind to thoroughly play one of these X games.

It's like playing  Euro Truck Simulator 2, with the added benefit of shooting aliens!!!! Finished the main campaign of X3 Reunion (I established a small trade empire, based on booze and weed!!!), and now I am making my way into Terran Conflict!!

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Egosoft should send me Christmas cards cause I have bought all their games so far and haven't completed a one 🤣 😆 🤣 I will buy X4 once they are done making DLC so I can buy it all in one package. I think I need to do what @CaptainKal did was build something to keep my interest, how long did it take you in game time to build that empire.... please don't say 20-30hrs 🙂

ReplyQuote
CaptainKal
(@captainkal)
Lieutenant Registered

Posted by: @sscadmin

how long did it take you in game time to build that empire.... please don't say 20-30hrs 🙂

I won't!! About 200!!!!

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Posted by: @captainkal

(I established a small trade empire, based on booze and weed!!!)

Awesome idea might have to try that sometime and it make make the X games more playable. 😎  

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  
Posted by: @captainkal

I won't!! About 200!!!!

woah.... now I know why after 10-20hrs of playtime I feel like I am still a newb in the game because I am.... thats a big time commitment 😉 I will try to put in a few hours a week on X3R and maybe install some mods to keep me engaged more. But I think being a drug kingpin is the way to go 🤣 

ReplyQuote
CaptainKal
(@captainkal)
Lieutenant Registered

@sscadmin if you do not care about the lore, behind the game, Terran Conflict (or Albion Prelude) is better!! You better paly one of them!! AP scales better in a big monitor!! 

ReplyQuote
CaptainKal
(@captainkal)
Lieutenant Registered

@pinback A couple of 70's songs for soundtrack, and you are good to go!!!

Geraldine liked
ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Game on a week long sale with 50% off, tempting but I don't know.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Looks like their was a station design contest on the X forums and the video below is the finalist and I believe you can vote for which ever one you like on the x forums.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Still haven't added this one to my ever growing X game library that I have never played 😉 I do show progress though I do have X3R on my system just haven't played it much yet. I probably won't pick this up until the DLC is rolled into one package.

I really liked that 2nd station

Its impressive on what can be built and added to the game.... I wonder if they will ever allow exploring the inside of player made stations? 

ReplyQuote