Notifications
Clear all

XBTF - no speech in Argonopedia?

OSH
 OSH
(@osh)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Well, I desperately need help...I'm right before "destroy Xenon's Solar Power Plants" mission. I'm speaking with Ban Danna and I've received some information from Argonopedia about Xenon's Solar Power Plants. Better I should say "I think, this is about Xenon's SPP", because I doesn't hear any voice during this presentation! I see only video, but no voice! I don't know - this is normal or not? I'm playing XBTF (German version) from X-Superbox, version 2.2.6.2, but I've tested  English version 1.9.2.2 with the same effect. I thought, this can be caused by Windows XP, but I've installed this game under DOSBOX/WIN98SE and the effect is the same. I attach two savegames - X5 deu.sav is savegame from German XBTF 2.2.6.2 from X-Superbox and X5 eng.sav is savegame from English version XBTF 1.9.6.2.

Any help will be very appreciated. 🙂

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

If no one answers in the meantime OHS, I will have a look but I won't be able to do until the weekend.

ReplyQuote
OSH
 OSH
(@osh)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Thanks PINBACK, until then I will play WC SM II. 🙂

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Hello OSH I have tried to download your save game about 15 times now and just can't get it to download the last megabyte and I have no idea why Firefox won't do it. also tried M:E with the same result.

ReplyQuote
OSH
 OSH
(@osh)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  

It strange... I can download it without problems...but I upload it here: http://www.4shared.com/zip/R4nrjHCB/Xsave.html

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

I was able to download your save game file and used it in the X Gold version of X-BTF English version 1.9 running on an XP system.

No problem with voices as I can hear what Ban Danna says then you are given the choices, will have a look at the superbox version when I find the box and disks.

ReplyQuote
OSH
 OSH
(@osh)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  

PINBACK, but one important thing. Did you hear voice during Argonopedia movie about Xenon's SPP? Ban Danna voice I hear too.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

No it was Silent during the Argonopedia movie.

ReplyQuote
OSH
 OSH
(@osh)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  

And this is main problem - during Argonopedia you should hear voice. I think so at least... I must be 100% sure this silence is by purpose, and not by problems with operating system, sound driver/movie codec or something else...

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

There may never have been anything their as the X-Gold version I used your savegame in was released in 2000.

Although I would agree with you it dose seem strange that their is no voice over.

ReplyQuote
OSH
 OSH
(@osh)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  

It's really strange. Maybe I should write directly to EGOSOFT (on official forum nobody want to help me)...

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

have you done a search on the XBTF forum as there may be an answer there?.

ReplyQuote
OSH
 OSH
(@osh)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Yes, I did. One guy said, he had similar problem, but he don't know also where is the cause...

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Not having played the game much do the rest of the Argonopedia have voice overs?.

ReplyQuote
OSH
 OSH
(@osh)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  

I wouldn't play further until the problem will be solved. But in earlier part I saw also other movie from Argonopedia with voice...i'm sure, in this part must be voice over too...

--EDIT--

Now I'm sure, the voice is missing by mistake. Bernd Lehahn from EGOSOFT said, it is possible, the voice is here simply missing by mistake. So, the case is over (with unsatisfied way though).

ReplyQuote