Notifications
Clear all

Infinity Battlescape kickstarter has begun

Page 1 / 2

DirkLarien
(@dirklarien)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

infinity battlescape kickstarter has launched.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/309114309/infinity-battlescape/description

1day live stream

2nd day interview

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

There off to a good start with $55 grand already but $300K a big hill to climb, hope they remember to do plenty of updates over the next month.

ReplyQuote
Pyros
(@pyros)
Master Chief Registered

300k is not all that much of a hurdle if one takes into account the number of times that the i-novae engine has been "shown" around. Gameplay to be seen, but graphics are quite publicized. 

Tbqh, and not bein familiar with "larger" recent KS project fate, I'd have set my goal more on the 500k to 700k area. But it obviously depends on how much money  they need to deliver a game. 

If they make if over 100k in the first 3 days (I wouldn't be surprised they took about 2) they should have no issues in geting funded.

ReplyQuote
Crayfish
(@crayfish)
Crewman Registered

To get a real feel for what Battlescape will be you have to watch real in-game footage from the current prototype:

ReplyQuote
NevilClavain
(@krakoukass)
Warrant Officer Registered

Impressive, but they are playing in the same niche as the super heavy weight called Elite Dangerous. Let's see what happens in the 29 next days

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

300k is not all that much of a hurdle if one takes into account the number of times that the i-novae engine has been "shown" around. Gameplay to be seen, but graphics are quite publicized.

Both Decent Underground and EverSpace asked for similar amount and just made and then there was Starfighter Inc which looked like it going to do it but failed right at the end.But they are doing well as they are over the $90K mark now and I would not be too surprised to see them at the half way point or over by the end of the first week although I expect to see the normal down turn in the middle of the Kickstarter then a resurgence at the end.

Impressive, but they are playing in the same niche as the super heavy weight called Elite Dangerous. Let's see what happens in the 29 next days

Some how I don't think this will appeal to E:D player as theirs no expansive universe or trading in it.

ReplyQuote
Pyros
(@pyros)
Master Chief Registered

Both Decent Underground and EverSpace asked for similar amount and just made and then there was Starfighter Inc which looked like it going to do it but failed right at the end.But they are doing well as they are over the $90K mark now and I would not be too surprised to see them at the half way point or over by the end of the first week although I expect to see the normal down turn in the middle of the Kickstarter then a resurgence at the end.

Some how I don't think this will appeal to E:D player as theirs no expansive universe or trading in it.

/jest more on

Hey, I've backed ED! And was a 1st day backer of Infinity 😛

Space is big - enough room for more than one game. Or 2 .. or a lot more 🙂

/off

Yeah, they probably did good in avoiding being overly ambitious, provided they asked enough. Even the mighty ED was a bit touch and go. But they asked for a rather substantial amount of money (at the time it was the biggest game project ever funded - not the most funded, but from the successfully funded, the one which had the highest pledge goal).

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Looks like it has slowed down a bit but as long as they keep pumping out the updates and answering comments, then they have a very good chance of making it.

Hope they continue the funding after the Kickstarter as I would like to back it.

ReplyQuote
DirkLarien
(@dirklarien)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

made an I-Novae evolution vid

remix of some footage posted on their youtube over the years...

ReplyQuote
DirkLarien
(@dirklarien)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

new screenshots from Infinity battlescape

Gaze into the star
e6046d7f36f96f3de32357833762a140002d6a1b

Familiar looking station
6a9d2b4cd09739f4074ee0bfbba486405a8d6032

a0207399a319c94f1fdfe0d11e7e7149e51c772e
0dfedd3ed01d61b999ad8a060ffe875107dd67f4
26e76c090f126348a580f894ef28ec0b53b27011

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Nice 😎

See they are close to the half way point now.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Couple of more vids.

And part one of three from the man himself.

ReplyQuote
DirkLarien
(@dirklarien)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

Few cool screenshots

3a0f3d66cadb0568493eb56001abfd25fb209525
cb8e70998de74138c3f4b0d78271195e0af2a4ef

ReplyQuote
DiabloTigerSix
(@diablotigersix)
Master Chief Registered

Why isn't this getting more crowdfunding money than everything else combined? Infinity, at the beginning of its crowdfunding campaign, has more impressive content than Elite:Dangerous after release. What they're showing us here Chris Roberts described as a "pipe dream" for Star Citizen not so long ago, but this is real. Today.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

It's lot tougher to get funding on Kickstarter now, but they are doing pretty well so far.

ReplyQuote
KingHaggis
(@kinghaggis)
Master Chief Registered

Definitely a very interesting game. I've been following the Infinity Quest for Earth project from the beginning and have been a long time fan but I'm sorry to say that if they don't promise to add an entire galaxy instead of just a single solar system I'm going to pass on this one. I don't blame them for going smaller though. 

I really like Battlescape, especially the seamless planets and 3d cockpits, but just can't live with a single solar system in a space game now that I've played Space Engine (sadly not a game), Pioneer, Elite Dangerous and Shores of Hazeron (graphics alone aren't everything, it's all about scale and freedom i.m.o.!).

But interesting nonetheless and maybe, if I do get bored playing ED, I'll give it a shot. I WILL become a backer if a seamless galaxy is promised.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

In less it changed I think they have always said that Battlescape is a separate game from Infinity although it may become a stepping stone on the road to Infinity.

new vid of the moons

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

It that man again with part 2. Allo Allo 

And they are over the $200K mark.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

The only reason I haven't backed this is because of it not being a open universe type game with SP elements. I tend to not play MP only type games. But one thing that looks promising is the mod tools if they reach $800k, just not sure what exactly we could do with them and if someone could actually mod a SP element to the game? The I-Novae engine is a fine piece of work and would love to fly through it for hours and days on end, just don't want to do it in a offline test mode feature that battlescape has. They need just a little under $80k to meet funding which I think they could make it.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

6 days left and around about 38K still to get.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Well they only have $10k left to get over the 2.5 days so I think they will make it.

ReplyQuote
Straker
(@straker)
Senior Chief Registered

Currently at $303,814. I'm happy that they made their goal. Not so happy that it's a spacey run-n-gun shootem-up. Seems to be a waste of the wonderful level of detail, seemless transitions and magnificient landscapes. Maybe the later games will have more depth? Maybe even one that is single player?

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Congratulation to them.

Will they be continuing to fund the game post Kickstarter, ie PayPal?.

ReplyQuote
INovaeGene
(@inovaegene)
Petty Officer Registered

Congratulation to them.

Will they be continuing to fund the game post Kickstarter, ie PayPal?.

Yes, we will continue crowd funding on our website, and PayPal will be accepted.

ReplyQuote
Pyros
(@pyros)
Master Chief Registered

Glad to see it made it through. Although I probably won't be playing it :p

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2