Notifications
Clear all

The Precursors

Page 8 / 8

player1
(@player1)
Petty Officer Registered

True. Buggies are very limited in Gil, and are lacking any refuel/restock options. And almost all of them are obtained as part of quests for DU.

ReplyQuote
Wesp5
(@wesp5)
Senior Chief Registered

player1 wrote:
Personally, I would rather prefer if Wesp5 could find if Hasna "fuel" value is set in resource files, and if so, to see if it could be increased.

The problem right now is that we don't know where a lot of parameters are set, like fuel, state or ammo of vehiclesa and their lock level. These are not set in the resource file that I use to fix the translation and dialogue related mission bugs.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

In the warehouse in the DU base on Gil you can buy goods from a guy called “shed” he now got some fuel to sell I could swear he didn’t have any before. ❓

I also found one of my lost buggies and I think I remember parking the other one in one of the lakes now.

ReplyQuote
Wesp5
(@wesp5)
Senior Chief Registered

Hi, has someone ever encountered a grey tree with a huge orange tongue-tentacle coming out of it? If so, where?

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Wesp5 wrote:
Hi, has someone ever encountered a grey tree with a huge orange tongue-tentacle coming out of it? If so, where?

Never seen anything like that where did you see it or have you found a mission connected to it. ❓

I can now buy fuel cans in most of the trader inventories so I think finding that first one on Golden must have triggered something in the game.

ReplyQuote
Wesp5
(@wesp5)
Senior Chief Registered

PINBACK wrote:
Wesp5 wrote:

Never seen anything like that where did you see it or have you found a mission connected to it. ❓

I've found the model using the SDK, but I don't know if it was used or is unused content.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Is there any mission connected with this tourist hiding in a doorway on Goldin as theirs a short conversion about water which seems to indicate that there was more to it.

man.jpg

ReplyQuote
Wesp5
(@wesp5)
Senior Chief Registered

PINBACK wrote:
Is there any mission connected with this tourist hiding in a doorway on Goldin as theirs a short conversion about water which seems to indicate that there was more to it.

If you some mineral water you can give it to him. I'll improve the text a little so this will become more obvious.

ReplyQuote
Wolfie
(@wolfie)
Crewman Registered

I just completed a mission on the first planet, that gave me the "poaching" perk for free... which doesn't exist.

I suspect the "Marauding" perk = Poaching perk, from the extra skins etc you get from corpses once you have it, but 🙁 I took it at level 11, if you can get it for free, earlier, this seems a little pointless for it to be so high level locked (?)

ReplyQuote
player1
(@player1)
Petty Officer Registered

I think it's hidden perk, not related to Marauding.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Could really do with a list of perks and what each one does as darkova suggested. IIRC a couple of them require other items to be used. ❓

ReplyQuote
Cruisin1500
(@cruisin1500)
Master Chief Registered

interested in this game, whats the latest on the patch and stuff guys? seems the steady convoes died suddenly which is weird.

ReplyQuote
Wesp5
(@wesp5)
Senior Chief Registered

Cruisin1500 wrote:
interested in this game, whats the latest on the patch and stuff guys?

The Unofficial Patch 1.3 is the latest one, but 1.4 isn't far off and it will offer everything that the just released official English patches do and a little bit more ;).

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

I've not been playing it lately, I seem to the attention span of a gold fish at the moment.
But It's a game I really enjoy dipping back into every so often as I usually find some new to see or do.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

I have archived one of my holy grails of game collecting in that I finally got a original copy of the game, with manual, although it's Russian and I can't read a word of it.

But it does have picture and in the equipment bit it shows a picture of a armoured rocket firing buggy and a trike, two vehicles I don't remember seeing in the game. Although the trike may have appeared in a cut scene.

The game is ten years old this year and the only other space game which comes anywhere near the scope of Precursors is Star Citizen. Truly a remarkable game and a testament to Deep Shadows talent.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

I have Precursors on Steam just haven't got around to playing it yet, I need to do this soon before mods and patches are unavailable 🙂 I heard the steam version upped the resolution level of the game.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Not tried the Steam version of the game, still play it on my old XP computer so don't know if they have done anything to the resolution, but did read that Wesp English patches have been added and some amateur English voice acting has been added to the game.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

Maybe I will try playing this after I finish Galaxy on Fire 2, I read a lot of the comments that people are using the WESP patches with the game so I don't think they integrated them. But when I do play this I will post about it all and how to get it playing as perfect as you can get it on Win10.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Will be interesting to see how well it works on a Win10 computer and if their are any problems with it.

ReplyQuote
Page 8 / 8