Notifications
Clear all

Anthem

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

This looks great so far, I do like the fact that it does have some single player story elements. Will be interested in seeing more, the world seems big but in a vertical way and not expansive.

This topic was modified 4 years ago by DarkOne

Topic Tags
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Yeah I know.... Bioware really screwed up on this game and it looked so promising. In 2019 Bioware took a lot of grief over how this game released and there was stories on the internet on actual development and wasted time. I won't discuss that here, but it is looking like Bioware is holding up a white flag and holding out an olive branch.... They are not ditching Anthem and they are planning planning on doing a No Mans Sky (NMS) and FF14 and listen to the community issues and using all this feedback to refactor and fix the game. Could this work? Maybe.... 

Why do I say 'Maybe'? Because the difference between NMS/FF14 and Anthem.... CONTENT! Looter shooters really don't have a lot of content to keep you coming back, yeah I know playing with your fellow gamers can bring you back to a game. But in the end for me I want like combat and progression but I also really enjoy a story that has content and a purpose. 

I have never played Anthem because of all the press this game received, but the idea and concept is very solid and I think this game really, REALLY needs a solid campaign. You have a beautiful world here, show it off... let people really explore and hopefully design their own levels (with mods). But I wish BioWare well and I really do hope this DO OVER is something that is given free to current game holders.

Here is the article from Bioware:

https://blog.bioware.com/2020/02/10/anthem-update-february-10/

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Looks like the dream of a re-imagined Anthem is lost 😉

In the spirit of transparency and closure we wanted to share that we’ve made the difficult decision to stop our new development work on Anthem (aka Anthem NEXT). We will, however, continue to keep the Anthem live service running as it exists today.

Since Anthem’s launch, the team has been working hard to continually improve the game, releasing multiple updates that brought with them a variety of improvements and introduced new content to play. Towards the end of 2019 we expanded on that effort and started working on a more fundamental restructure of the game.

During the development we’ve provided updates revealing some of the team’s work through blog posts and conversations with you on social media and it’s been inspiring for us to see the positive reactions and feedback. I’ve been incredibly proud of the work the team has been doing, and excited to see and play each new build of the experience.

2020 was a year unlike any other however and while we continue to make progress against all our game projects at BioWare, working from home during the pandemic has had an impact on our productivity and not everything we had planned as a studio before COVID-19 can be accomplished without putting undue stress on our teams.

ReplyQuote