Microsoft sidewinde...

Notifications
Clear all

Microsoft sidewinder force feedback pro

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator
Topic starter  

So I saw this video from LGR last year and thought I would not mind getting one for my 98 machine but a quick look on eBay dissuade me as most of the cheap ones are untested or missing the power pack and the ones are complete and working are too expensive.

But I keep an eye on the CEX website and one come up last week, £8 and £3 shipping and with a two year warranty, two finger to the bin men on eBay. 😀 

Got it yesterday and found the driver on Vogons and a solution for a problem of it saying the power pack was not connected when it was, turned out you need to go into the bios and enabled Midi and set it too 330, work like a charm after that.

been testing out a few game and it's awesome.

This topic was modified 2 weeks ago by Pinback

Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Been testing out some game with sofar Terminus, Starlancer, Hardwar, Tachyon, Rogue squadron, X wing alliance and Crimson sky all work great.

Freespace dose not like my computer and I have not installed Freespace 2 yet.

Oddly the internet dose not seem to  have a list of compatible games but I think the decent games work with it and some of the later wing commander games might work.

ReplyQuote
CaptainKal
(@captainkal)
Commander Registered

@pinback Install Freespace 2 (from GoG or disks) and then install knossos.net ( https://fsnebula.org/knossos/).

You can then install FS1 with FS2 Enhanced graphics!!!

ReplyQuote
Nelsonaters
(@nelsonaters)
Crewman Registered

🤣 🤣 

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  
Posted by: @captainkal

@pinback Install Freespace 2 (from GoG or disks) and then install knossos.net ( https://fsnebula.org/knossos

You can then install FS1 with FS2 Enhanced graphics!!!

Nice one CaptainKal 👍 will check it out but at the moment I can get any of Volition games to work on my system.

ReplyQuote
CaptainKal
(@captainkal)
Commander Registered

@pinback Why? If you have a newer version of Windows installed (7, 10, 11) the game will use a newer executable!!

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  
Posted by: @captainkal

@pinback Why? If you have a newer version of Windows installed (7, 10, 11) the game will use a newer executable!!

Indeed but I would not be able to use the joystick, no gameport and I want the authentic Windows 98 experience, you know the one with unexpected crashes, blue screen, things not loading. 🤣 🤣   

ReplyQuote