Notifications
Clear all

What do you want to see in Infinity: The Quest for Earth?

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

Realism would be my first response. I want space and time to be realistic. Yes you can advance time for travel that is understandable. But orbits and other celestal happenings should be close to what we would experience, least in our own solar system. Once we get outside of that then you can relax the rules a bit.

They say the engine that Infinity is using can create billions of star systems. Now that's really over kill personally but I would least like systems to have something in them to do like mine resources, discover new life, colonies, ancient relics, seemless ascend/descend onto a planet/moon, make exploring a big part of the beauty of Infinity.

I have some high hopes for the game and I like the fact that the community can assist in its development. This game will probably be the most detailed and refined game when we can finally play it. And hey it might even be F2P or micropayments.

Anonymous

I need to get more knowledgeable about this game but if it is going to be as big as they say they are I just don't want to see a bunch of empty space. Or if it is empty it needs to be visually stimulating. I wouldn't mind seeing like a archologist style career where you can go around hunting for old wrecks and planet colonies for ancient technologies. And the ability to really customize your ship and to maybe build your own outpost/homebase on a planet or moon.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

I like Solnicaris archologist idea,that could work really well.

Things I would like to see are some exotic atmosphere on some of the planets alone with some alien animal life.

Humm possible career here "Big alien game hunter".

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Yeah the archologist could find artifacts to sell for big $$$ or break them down into very rare crafting materials. Same with the big game hunter there could be parts of the creature that when processed was a very rare crafting material and which you could sell for $$. Nevermind the fact you could sell your info on when these creatures were.

With Infinity giving you the ability to land on planets and things like that it really opens up a huge amount of potential.

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

Looking forward to this game, I really like the possibility of exploration.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

The exploration is the biggest selling part of this game for me as well Spacemonkey. If it is done right and the I-Novae engine can handle the massive scale and still have the eye candy it will be amazing.

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

I would also like to see durable goods for ships and stations so you have to pay for fuel or fuel cell replacements. Replacing parts over so many months or light years traveled. I liked the options in Space Force 2 where you can hack stations maybe they should include that and maybe extend that feature to be able to hack peoples star maps and get a ship loadout to see what they have for weapons and shields.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

I like to be able to see some large living city somthing like the GTA game citys or coruscant,mega city one on the planets.Up in space it would be nice to run across the odd dyson sphere, ring world ect.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Just found this awesome test vid of Infinity citys "now this is a city",but I would still like too see

if theres anything going on,on the ground?.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

That city is amazing. What would really take the cake is if you could descend down into it and fly inbetween buildings. That damn I-Novae engine rocks they built.

ReplyQuote