Notifications
Clear all

extensive problems with yaw

fighttheman87
(@fighttheman87)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

As the title would suggest i am having serious problems with this feature. When i first downloaded and played this game the game worked fine, I was really liked how the ships handled, everything was right with the world until about ten minutes into the game the yaw stops working altogether. I haven't heard anyone say anything about this at all I tried reseting the game and the yaw still didn't work. I preceded to reinstall the game and the same problem aroused once again. I went into the controls and the keys were bound so in short i am totally stumped any help would be appreciated please do not go out of your way. thanks in advance.

Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered

Hi - the yaw is working fine here. Which version of Oolite are you running?

Oolite Naval Attaché

ReplyQuote
DizietSma
(@dizietsma)
Petty Officer Registered

Which version of Oolite are you running?

And what platform are you running it on?  Windows, Mac or Linux?

It might help if you could post a copy of the Latest.log from the game also.. if you don't know where to find it, once we know what platform you use, we can tell you where it's located.  Post it between 'code' tags, please.. (the little blue <> icon in the post editor window)

ReplyQuote
fighttheman87
(@fighttheman87)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

I am running this on osx started with version 1.77.1 and attempted 1.76.1 and had the same problem. it may have something to do with it i am not sure but i happened to have a ps3 controller hooked up when it stopped working it was plugged it both well before and after the event.

0946.416 [log.header]: Opening log for Oolite version 1.76.1 (x86-64 test release) under Mac OS X Version 10.8.5 (Build 12F45) at 2014-01-12 1546 +0000.
Machine type: MacBookPro6,2, 4096 MiB memory, 4 x x86 (Westmere) @ 2660 MHz.
Build options: spoken messages, mass/fuel pricing, JavaScript console support, Debug plug-in support, OXP verifier, localization tools, debug GraphViz support, JavaScript profiling.

Note that the contents of the log file can be adjusted by editing logcontrol.plist.

0946.521 [dataCache.rebuild]: Data cache version (1.77.1) does not match Oolite version (1.76.1), rebuilding cache.
0946.522 [rendering.opengl.version]: OpenGL renderer version: 2.1.0 ("2.1 NVIDIA-8.16.74 310.40.00.10f02"). Vendor: "NVIDIA Corporation". Renderer: "NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M OpenGL Engine".
0946.522 [rendering.opengl.extensions]: OpenGL extensions (136):
GL_EXT_texture_compression_dxt1, GL_EXT_rescale_normal, GL_EXT_transform_feedback, GL_EXT_blend_func_separate, GL_EXT_framebuffer_sRGB, GL_ATI_texture_env_combine3, GL_ARB_draw_elements_base_vertex, GL_EXT_geometry_shader4, GL_EXT_secondary_color, GL_EXT_separate_specular_color, GL_EXT_shadow_funcs, GL_NV_texgen_reflection, GL_NV_blend_square, GL_ARB_texture_compression_rgtc, GL_EXT_stencil_wrap, GL_ARB_texture_env_crossbar, GL_EXT_framebuffer_blit, GL_EXT_bindable_uniform, GL_ATI_separate_stencil, GL_APPLE_vertex_point_size, GL_EXT_texture_rectangle, GL_APPLE_specular_vector, GL_EXT_packed_depth_stencil, GL_EXT_blend_color, GL_ARB_fragment_program_shadow, GL_EXT_texture_env_add, GL_ARB_imaging, GL_EXT_provoking_vertex, GL_EXT_texture_array, GL_ARB_texture_env_combine, GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array, GL_ARB_point_sprite, GL_ARB_multisample, GL_EXT_framebuffer_object, GL_ARB_framebuffer_sRGB, GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias, GL_APPLE_pixel_buffer, GL_ARB_vertex_program, GL_EXT_bgra, GL_APPLE_fence, GL_APPLE_ycbcr_422, GL_EXT_timer_query, GL_EXT_vertex_array_bgra, GL_ARB_depth_clamp, GL_IBM_rasterpos_clip, GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object, GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap, GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample_blit_scaled, GL_NV_vertex_program2_option, GL_ARB_shader_texture_lod, GL_ARB_texture_float, GL_ARB_texture_rectangle, GL_ARB_vertex_shader, GL_ARB_provoking_vertex, GL_ARB_texture_env_add, GL_APPLE_object_purgeable, GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3, GL_APPLE_rgb_422, GL_NV_depth_clamp, GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat, GL_ARB_texture_cube_map, GL_APPLE_element_array, GL_ATI_texture_float, GL_ARB_window_pos, GL_ARB_sync, GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object, GL_APPLE_texture_range, GL_NV_fragment_program2, GL_NV_conditional_render, GL_EXT_stencil_two_side, GL_ARB_texture_compression, GL_ARB_instanced_arrays, GL_EXT_blend_minmax, GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp, GL_EXT_draw_buffers2, GL_ARB_shading_language_100, GL_EXT_blend_equation_separate, GL_ARB_vertex_blend, GL_EXT_blend_subtract, GL_EXT_packed_float, GL_APPLE_aux_depth_stencil, GL_APPLE_row_bytes, GL_NV_light_max_exponent, GL_EXT_abgr, GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic, GL_ARB_vertex_array_bgra, GL_ARB_draw_buffers, GL_ARB_transpose_matrix, GL_ARB_color_buffer_float, GL_EXT_gpu_program_parameters, GL_APPLE_client_storage, GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two, GL_ARB_multitexture, GL_EXT_gpu_shader4, GL_APPLE_flush_render, GL_NV_vertex_program3, GL_ARB_framebuffer_object, GL_APPLE_vertex_program_evaluators, GL_APPLE_transform_hint, GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc, GL_APPLE_flush_buffer_range, GL_EXT_texture_integer, GL_SGIS_texture_edge_clamp, GL_EXT_texture_mirror_clamp, GL_ARB_occlusion_query, GL_ARB_fragment_shader, GL_ARB_texture_rg, GL_NV_fog_distance, GL_ARB_fragment_program, GL_ARB_seamless_cube_map, GL_ARB_shader_objects, GL_EXT_draw_range_elements, GL_APPLE_vertex_array_object, GL_ARB_depth_texture, GL_NV_fragment_program_option, GL_EXT_texture_sRGB, GL_ARB_half_float_vertex, GL_APPLE_vertex_array_range, GL_ARB_shadow, GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays, GL_ARB_half_float_pixel, GL_APPLE_packed_pixels, GL_ARB_point_parameters, GL_EXT_texture_sRGB_decode, GL_EXT_clip_volume_hint, GL_EXT_depth_bounds_test, GL_SGIS_texture_lod, GL_EXT_fog_coord, GL_EXT_texture_shared_exponent, GL_ATI_texture_mirror_once, GL_NV_multisample_filter_hint, GL_APPLE_float_pixels, GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample, GL_NV_point_sprite, GL_ARB_depth_buffer_float, GL_ARB_draw_instanced
0946.527 [rendering.opengl.shader.support]: Shaders are supported.
0946.634 [speech.synthesis]: Spoken messages are off.
0946.634 [searchPaths.dumpAll]: Strict mode - resource path:
~/Desktop/Oolite 1.76.1/Oolite.app/Contents/Resources
0946.751 [shipData.load.begin]: Loading ship data.
0946.907 [script.load.world.listAll]: Loaded 5 world scripts:
oolite-cloaking-device 1.76.1
oolite-constrictor-hunt 1.76.1
oolite-nova 1.76.1
oolite-thargoid-plans 1.76.1
oolite-trumbles 1.76.1
0947.440 [loading.complete]: ========== Loading complete. ==========

Closing log at 2014-01-12 1502 +0000.

ReplyQuote
Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered

Ahh... you have Strict Mode enabled, yes? Yaw is not available in Strict Mode.

I'd do a complete fresh install of 1.77.1 too, btw.

Oolite Naval Attaché

ReplyQuote
fighttheman87
(@fighttheman87)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

I am such an idiot sometimes i cannot thank you enough you saved my sunday 😛

ReplyQuote
Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered

Cool!

Oolite Naval Attaché

ReplyQuote
DizietSma
(@dizietsma)
Petty Officer Registered

That's excellent news.. I love it when problems are easily fixed..

Could you mark the topic as [Solved], please?

ReplyQuote