Clear all

Ace Racers SP game

tsmspace
(@tsmspace)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

I made a small game. 

Ace Racers SP by tsmspace (itch.io)

I may or may not do more things with the game in the future, but there is a key element that I am hoping to share, and that is the little minicam that shows the ship from a fixed relative position in the corner. This way as you fly around you will be treated to the thrusters in action from all angles. 

This topic was modified 10 months ago 2 times by tsmspace

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Nice going Tsmspace, if it's open source then maybe others will add to it.

ReplyQuote
tsmspace
(@tsmspace)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

@pinback ackshually ... The game isn't open source. Well, it's not open source yet. I'm not so organized as this. Actually, if you can believe it, I never even considered making the game open source until your comment just now, which is so ironic because it is named after my open source *story* project, meanwhile the origin of open source is software. 

so that ,,, to me ,,, in my little room,,, is hilarious.

The game isn't much of a game yet though, and to be fair (to me), technically the game was originally a totally separate project made by someone else (whom will be in the credits somehow), so I wouldn't have technically had the right to start out with it as an open source project, because it was actually someone else's. By now, however, what makes my game different is enough that it isn't fair to keep the same name, and it should be considered a separate project altogether. I do technically still have the problem that I didn't ask them if I could post it open source, but I do think that the original project is small enough that it probably should be ok that those parts are in something that I post. The bare bones of the game, though, are not my work, and these are the most essential parts. (things like,, the ship moves around, the thrusters make an animation, the screen looks like it does,, all of these are not mine). --- 

what's "open source" at present is just the world-building outline. the "sci-fi" of it. I don't plan to sell the game, and am not opposed to making it open source, but I don't think it's ready for that at present. I think it would be a great idea, because it's an easy project to work with if you don't know where to start when making a spaceship character. (which, btw, I can't believe unity doesn't have built in,,, you can have a built-in character with moving fingers and are a click away from facial features that are virtually indistinguishable from real ones, but there's no built-in way to have a generic realistic spaceship acceleration. (I mean yeah you can do airplanes in space automatically, just not spaceships in space). They should rename it "unity minus one thing"

ReplyQuote