Notifications
Clear all

Alpha 9 released

Page 3 / 10

shenle
(@shenle)
Senior Chief Registered

Subzeroplainzero wrote:

As for the clothes.. I've been going for a kind of retro/80's feel but they are by no means a finished product. They'll get better with time, trust me 🙂

Well, mission accomplished. They do all look like extras from some Dirty Harry movie. 🙂

ReplyQuote
jaj22
(@jaj22)
Petty Officer Registered

GizmoR wrote:
is a problem with the source files,

I can not compile the program under MSVC2010.

the problem is with the file CustomSystem.cpp.

I can compile version 8 without any problem.

None of the current developers use MSVC2010 so it's not maintained. The MSVC2008 project should work with 2010 though.

ReplyQuote
ollobrain
(@ollobrain)
Lieutenant Registered

its making progress which is good

ReplyQuote
Subzeroplainzero
(@subzeroplainzero)
Master Chief Registered

shenle wrote:

Well, mission accomplished. They do all look like extras from some Dirty Harry movie. 🙂

Go ahead and fix it yourself, buddy. Don't replace them with rubbish Star Trek uniforms though because that would be equally balls.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

shenle wrote:
They do all look like extras from some Dirty Harry movie. 🙂

😆

ReplyQuote
McGuba
(@mcguba)
Crewman Registered

I like the idea of an 80's look and fashion of clothes, it is indeed a nice tribute to the original Elite that started all of this and who knows what will be the fashion several hundred years in the future?

ReplyQuote
s2odan
(@s2odan)
Captain Registered

I dunno, I think its safe to assume that 1000 years from now, only the strangest people are going to still be dressing like we do.

... * S20dan removes his suit of armour, and puts on his cotton clothing, dyed and pressed with wooden blocks... it itches...* ...

oops, my secrets out...

ReplyQuote
OSH
 OSH
(@osh)
Master Chief Registered

s2odan wrote:
oops, my secrets out...

Victoria's Secrets? 😆

ReplyQuote
ollobrain
(@ollobrain)
Lieutenant Registered

a wide variety of uniforms tshirts more formal stuff is a good idea

ReplyQuote
Marcel
(@marcel)
Captain Registered

I think that in lieu of Star Trek, Babylon 5 might serve as a source of inspiration. Subzeroplainzero, I want to say again how much your work is appreciated. This is a major contribution, even though we snipe at your sartorial choices. 😀

ReplyQuote
robn
 robn
(@robn)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  

Babylon 5 had awesome uniforms, but the civvies? Just say no. All the humans wear is the same baggy patterned shirt. Its not flattering or futuristic.

And as for Star Trek, see here: http://mlkshk.com/r/UQN

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

I like the way Subzeroplainzero has done the people in Pioneer. And agree with Marcel, great work there 🙂 . They are at the very least, distinctive and different. Besides, I uploaded the FFE vids. Try them out in JJFFE once the download section is sorted and you will see, even though they are animated, ask yourself if they are any better? Also for the record, I love the Dirty Harry movies and Clint Eastwood too 😛

ReplyQuote
ollobrain
(@ollobrain)
Lieutenant Registered

clint eastwood, dirty harry maybe chuck norris

ReplyQuote
shenle
(@shenle)
Senior Chief Registered

Marcel wrote:
I think that in lieu of Star Trek, Babylon 5 might serve as a source of inspiration. Subzeroplainzero, I want to say again how much your work is appreciated. This is a major contribution, even though we snipe at your sartorial choices. 😀

+1 😀

ReplyQuote
s2odan
(@s2odan)
Captain Registered

Quote:

😆

Picard's not happy with what you said...

picard_finger.jpg

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

robn wrote:

😯 OMG I just saw that page! 😆 😆

As for Picard, at least he doesn't need to worry about mousse!

ReplyQuote
s2odan
(@s2odan)
Captain Registered

media_httpcheezcomixe_nqvqr.jpg.scaled500.jpg

ReplyQuote
Subzeroplainzero
(@subzeroplainzero)
Master Chief Registered

I don't know what the problem is.. There are only 4 checked shirts, which accounts to only a fifth of the whole clothing range! 😆 😆 😆 The clothes at the moment are actually just 5 different outfits which have been recoloured to make it up to 20 different outfits. They are just there until I fill it up with a wider variety.

When I chose that shirt I was going off my memory of what quade wears on Total Recall, so don't worry, I'm not a closet lumber jack 😆 .... I think I remembered it a bit wrong though.

TotalRecall09.jpg

So, what's everybody's thoughts on the other clothing? I am trying to avoid the whole "shiny futuristic" look as I find it a bit lacking in character sometimes. Just think grimey future (total recall, blade runner, akira) Please feel free to disagree though, what do you reckon?

ReplyQuote
Marcel
(@marcel)
Captain Registered

Quote:
Geraldine wrote:

I like the way Subzeroplainzero has done the people in Pioneer. And agree with Marcel, great work there 🙂 . They are at the very least, distinctive and different. Besides, I uploaded the FFE vids. Try them out in JJFFE once the download section is sorted and you will see, even though they are animated, ask yourself if they are any better? Also for the record, I love the Dirty Harry movies and Clint Eastwood too 😛

How could Pioneer possibly be better than this? 😆

[attachment=633:F21.jpg]

ReplyQuote
s2odan
(@s2odan)
Captain Registered

Rofl... Ah the memories.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Sheer Class! 😆 😆 😆 I did say to compare them didnt I? 😳

ReplyQuote
Subzeroplainzero
(@subzeroplainzero)
Master Chief Registered

Tank tops and 1970's army helmets! That's definitely what I need to add in next! 😆 😆 😆

... a couple more checked shirts wouldn't go amiss either! I'll get right on it

ReplyQuote
Marcel
(@marcel)
Captain Registered

We also need snappy uniforms for the police,

[attachment=638:P11.jpg]

and the pirates.

[attachment=639:P16.jpg]

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered

i don't know if someone else noticed to that the spawn_ship function doesn't work like before.

now, when i enter a system pirates and intercepting crafts arrive in future, after i arrived in a system.

i wasn't to shure before, but actually i changed "Pi.SpawnShip(Pi.GetGameTime()" to "Pi.SpawnShip(Pi.GetGameTime() -60*60*24*10" and there they was, waiting for me, but still many 100'000 km's far away from me.

any idea?

ReplyQuote
robn
 robn
(@robn)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  
potsmoke66 wrote:
i don't know if someone else noticed to that the spawn_ship function doesn't work like before.

now, when i enter a system pirates and intercepting crafts arrive in future, after i arrived in a system.

i wasn't to shure before, but actually i changed "Pi.SpawnShip(Pi.GetGameTime()" to "Pi.SpawnShip(Pi.GetGameTime() -60*60*24*10" and there they was, waiting for me, but still many 100'000 km's far away from me.

Previously ships spawned by scripts would spawn close to the player - within 10000km iirc. Now they spawn at a random position somewhere between 1 and 10AU from the primary star. As more modules spawn ships (eg TradeShips) its necessary to spread them further and make it look like they were already there to some extent, though work is still needed.

Do you need better control over where ships are positioned in your script?

Ship arrival times haven't changed.

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 10