Notifications
Clear all

Hello Everyone

Dexx
 Dexx
(@dexx)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

I've been enjoying this wonderful sim since early 2019 when I ran across it quite by accident.  While I had to step away for about six months due to RL cluttering up the works, I've started back up again after moving everything over to a new computer build.  I've been running the early 2019 version without issue over 18 months or so of fairly regular sim play and have managed my way up to a beautifully equipped Mola Ramsayi, (the Xanadu), with a fine crew.  However, it appears I will lose all of this in the 2020 update as the old saved game files will no longer load.  Is there a workaround or must I really start again from scratch?

Thank you in advance for any guidance and/or advice you folks can provide, and thank you as well for this outstanding sim.

Dexx

impaktor
(@impaktor)
Pioneer Moderator

You can cheat your ship, reputation, kills, money, back, using the Lua console.

You should start the save in the old 2019 pioneer, and use lua console to take note of reputation and kill level, and anything else you want, that's maybe not shown exactly to the player (unlike money).

Then start a new game in the new build, and cheat yourself to the same stuff. (Warning: cheating more than you had will make the game less exciting, as the're will not be anything left to strive for)

Please make sure to try out our latest pre-release, from 4 days ago:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/pioneerspacesim/files/pioneer-20210117-win.exe/download

ReplyQuote
Dexx
 Dexx
(@dexx)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

Thanks for the direction impaktor, much appreciated.

ReplyQuote
SpaceCrafter
(@spacecrafter)
Petty Officer Registered

Hello,

I am a newbie here. Looking forward to discovering new learnings with new friends. 🙂

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

@spacecrafter

Welcome to the station, there is plenty of threads here to talk about so dive in 🙂

ReplyQuote
SpaceCrafter
(@spacecrafter)
Petty Officer Registered

@Darkone - Thanks and Sure 🙂

ReplyQuote