Notifications
Clear all

Paragon game

tastiera
(@tastiera)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

Hi, I  wanted to know if the game Paragon,on sold via early access on Steam,is developed by the team of Pioneer space sim,or simply someone as stolen the code of Pioneer to make money on his skin

Ps:sorry for my poor English

nozmajner
(@nozmajner)

It's a fork of Pioneer. Pioneer is open source, so they can sell their version under some restrictions (like they need to provide the source code). 

See http://spacesimcentral.com/ssc/topic/4263-wanted-infos/ for a bit more information.

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

Roughly, you can think that Paragon is to Pioneer as Ubuntu is to Debian.

ReplyQuote
Marcel
(@marcel)
Captain Registered

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered

allowed to say a few words about it?

i guess it's far to early, to monetize paragon, ceartain things look quite good or promising (has it been sold at all?)

for 5€ it would be ok, that was what i expected.

just guess, i can go to the next supermarket and buy a almost recent (or even a recent) game from the industy for 15€, genre is not the question, just "any".

but mainly it leaks of a good solution for architectures of cities, likewise for Pioneer (so sqeeze your heads, this is important for the whole feel of the game)

while i doesn't mean that all bld's look very similar, it leaks of a system to at least separate between "outdoor" and "hostile".

but the large spacestation looks great.

some ship models look also very rough to me, more elegance won't hurt, but choices are different.

and ermpf, vapor trails in space

i'm aware that most space games from the industry use this to (and many free as well), but exactly that's the point.

who has said that *we want this?

*players

@marcel

and i attached a condenser to them and connected it with wrong polarity, pfft and a lot of stinking smoke.

later we took daddy's big powersupply and the condesers get bigger and bigger, all to the dislike of my father.

ReplyQuote
Krasny
(@krasny)
Crewman Registered

The devs of Paragon are using open source Pioneer code, does that mean that you can use their code?

ReplyQuote
fluffyfreak
(@fluffyfreak)
Captain Registered

Yes, and we've ported back some of their changes but it can be tricky since the code bases are going in different directions.

ReplyQuote