Clear all

Scanning

TEC
 TEC
(@tec)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

Hi Guys,

After over a year of doing cargo transport missions, I finally saved up and bought a shiny XKR-1750 orbital scanner. I took a mission, entered a low orbit around the planet and, using the scan manager, began to scan. The scan manager says that data is currently being collected for this scan, but progress remains at 0.0% even after days of scanning. What am I doing wrong?

impaktor
(@impaktor)
Pioneer Moderator

Sounds strange. Double check you're on the right planet in the right sector (x,y,z coordinates), and that you're using an orbit scanner for orbit misison and surface scanner for surface mission. Those are the "obvious" things people can get wrong.

ReplyQuote
TEC
 TEC
(@tec)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  
Posted by: @impaktor

Sounds strange. Double check you're on the right planet in the right sector (x,y,z coordinates), and that you're using an orbit scanner for orbit misison and surface scanner for surface mission. Those are the "obvious" things people can get wrong.

Yes, the planet and scan type (orbital) are correct.

ReplyQuote
impaktor
(@impaktor)
Pioneer Moderator

Do you have a screenshot showing the Comms messages and the scanner box when your scanning?

ReplyQuote
TEC
 TEC
(@tec)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

OK, it seems I am dumb and have now worked out the issue. I was below the minimum altitude. Sorry!

But while I'm here, let me say great job on Pioneer! It's progressed so much since the last time I played.

ReplyQuote
impaktor
(@impaktor)
Pioneer Moderator

Glad to hear it worked out.

Thanks for the kind words, it is what funds the further development of the project 😉

ReplyQuote