More screenshots from the frontier

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

Wow! Very nice scenes!

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Wow. Looks like you got yourself some competition there Tichy.   Lovely shots there SuperNewtable!

ReplyQuote
Prosperus
(@prosperus)
Crewman Registered

Here's some that I made yesterday:

[sharedmedia=gallery1083] [sharedmedia=gallery1082] [sharedmedia=gallery1081] [sharedmedia=gallery1080] [sharedmedia=gallery1079]

ReplyQuote
robn
 robn
(@robn)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  

I'd like some nice screenshots of the newer ships, particularly the Kanara. I want to add a couple to the homepage.

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

There they are 🙂

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

Breaking the law 😀

ReplyQuote
robn
 robn
(@robn)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  

Thanks Tichy! I grabbed a handful from them and added them to the homepage.

ReplyQuote
Vuzz
 Vuzz
(@vuzz)
Warrant Officer Registered

Is'n'it possible to copy the light shield from the Paragon dev ? , i think an ateunated shiel be must realistic .

ReplyQuote
nozmajner
(@nozmajner)

In fact there's some discussion about to change how shields look and handled by the game, but nothing concrete yet. There are shield meshes prepared for each ship already, but no complete code to make any use of them as far as I know. Most likely we'll go on a different direction visually using more round shield meshes though.

Correct me if I'm wrong but as far as I know, those images posted on Paragon forum are only mock-ups, and no finalized code for it to bring over.

ReplyQuote
Vuzz
 Vuzz
(@vuzz)
Warrant Officer Registered

No no , the "light density" shield is effective in the last dev build  ( already a sphere but more translucid ).

and i askin' me  if , to waitin about a more complex shield system it's not possible to use this one  ....

But its just a sugestion ...

ReplyQuote
robn
 robn
(@robn)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  

Yeah, the code we have was originally developed for Paragon. I just haven't merged it yet because I wasn't happy about the effect. We'll go with what we talked about in IRC yesterday.

ReplyQuote
flyingfetus
(@flyingfetus)
Petty Officer Registered

Been out  exploring again

ReplyQuote
flyingfetus
(@flyingfetus)
Petty Officer Registered

More

For some of these planets i had to fly about 500 au to get there, and they orbited a blue hyper giant star which i thought was pretty cool (It was absolutely massive).

ReplyQuote
flyingfetus
(@flyingfetus)
Petty Officer Registered

Sorry for the spamming of pictures guys 😛

I do have a question though. is it possible for a small, non gas giant planet to have rings in pioneer? I thought it would look very cool and add a lot of nice ambience.

Also, heres some pictures of one of the most earth like planets ive encountered on my exploration of the universe, along with some other cool planets...

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Hi Folks

I will be updating ModDB early this month, thankfully you have been busy yet again Mr Tichy!   Also, I see wonderful new screenshots from SuperNewtable and Prosperus, great work guys! They will look grand on ModDB

ReplyQuote
flyingfetus
(@flyingfetus)
Petty Officer Registered

Screens

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

Very beautyful places! Where is the last one? I never found a planet like this.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

I was unable to update Pioneer on ModDB this month, but thanks to one of the dev team they kindly uploaded for me. Now I have completed the other things I usually do during the update which included the news section and the screenshot section too! Tichy, SuperNewtable and Prosperus, some of your shots are on deck. Once again, many thanks guys, your the best!  

ReplyQuote
robn
 robn
(@robn)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  

Sorry, I tried to figure out everything you did from the older posts, but obviously missed something. Glad you're back!

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Well sorta Robn. Still have a long road ahead of me to recover fully, but I am getting there.

ReplyQuote
flyingfetus
(@flyingfetus)
Petty Officer Registered

Very beautyful places! Where is the last one? I never found a planet like this.

You mean this one? I dont remember, but i had to go to the side of the planet that wasnt facing the sun because the other side was so bright you couldnt see! (and the sky is so bright that you cant see the name of the system on the top left)

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

Don't worry. One day I'll find it. 😉

ReplyQuote
lwho
 lwho
(@lwho)
Petty Officer Registered

I did some detective work and could recover the information from the picture :). The background is not completely white, so the text string is still there, only invisible to the human eye. Playing around with gimp's color curves revealed: "Arcan C a, Arcan (16, 5, -21)"

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

Great! Wow, it's very far away. 🙂

ReplyQuote
Page 18 / 30