Notifications
Clear all

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

Visuals look great as expected, now we need to get more about what the plot is about... finally out in Dec 2022

Topic Tags
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

So the Thunder Cats are back, wonder if Mumm Ra will get any more screen time, this time around. 😀 

IIRC were they not making two or three sequels back to back or did it change to how well this one does at the box office and then they decided to make the others?.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

New trailer

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

James Cameron sure took forever to get this movie out, I hope the hype will be worth the wait and it does as good as the first one. We are still not seeing the focus of the story yet but maybe they are keeping that secret until release. I am at least looking forward to seeing the visuals.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Story wise, my guess would be that it Earth trying to retake the Planet.

Always thought the first film was based on an old western call  "man called horse", so he might be doing it again.

This post was modified 2 years ago by Pinback

ReplyQuote
Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered

Posted by: @pinback

Always thought the first film was based on an old western call  "man called horse",

Crikey, that's going back some! Richard Harris, yes? Based on a short story from 1950.

Oolite Naval Attaché

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Posted by: @cody

Always thought the first film was based on an old western call  "man called horse",

Crikey, that's going back some! Richard Harris, yes? Based on a short story from 1950.

Never knew it was based on a short story. 

ReplyQuote
Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered

Never knew it was based on a short story.

Better than that: according to Wiki, the basic story was used for an episode of Wagon Train.

Oolite Naval Attaché

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

But you would think they can only go back to the well of the 'mean earthlings' for so long before it gets boring.... cause if we have that much tech we definitely could just nuke the planet and be done with it 😉

As long as the movie isn't too politically correct in its story telling and characters it should be good. I know Cameron talked a lot about taking Avatar under water so this should be good.

man called horse

I looked up scenes of this movie and looks familiar but I cannot recall its story 😉 I like that actor though he has been in a lot of movies.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

We might get that Aliens sequel we never got or it might just be some sort variation on a western.

Always found Richard Harris very watchable, "The Wild Geese" come to think about it, is that film not the Expendables of the 70s. 

ReplyQuote
Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered

Always found Richard Harris very watchable

Yeah - he has an impressive CV.

Oolite Naval Attaché

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Brat alert, brat alert, brat alert.

ReplyQuote
CaptainKal
(@captainkal)
Lieutenant Registered

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

It looks decent.... will it gross more than the original, not sure. I think they took too long to get this movie out. I don't feel a lot of hype for this one.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Introducing kids into any franchise usually kills it, " the Wesley Crusher syndrome" from the next generation a good example.

Although Cameron got away with it in Aliens, we will just have to wait until the film comes out to see if he can get away with it again. 

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Looks like they are coming down hard on the promotion of the film and apparently they are saying it the film of the generation.  🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 

I suppose that given the film has to make some where in the region of 2 billion to be considered a success, I'm surprised they have not claimed it to be the film of the century. 🤣 

This post was modified 1 year ago 2 times by Pinback

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

I have yet to see this one yet (probably will soon, the kids want to see it), but it has made like $900mil thus far so thats not bad personally. JC took waaaay too long to release this one 10-12 yrs after the first movie is too big of a gap to keep that excitement up for the next installment. Now if Avatar 2 is good and they do release the next 3 movies on time the haul for $$$ should be good. 

But not sure why they make a big deal about the gross, millions and millions of people will by a bluray version of this movie at $20-40 for a version. So they will make a lot there as well. Not counting any licensing for video games.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Cameron was the one who mentioned the two billion fig, might have something to with that they have filmed the next one and parts of the third film.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

I finally saw this movie about 2wks ago and it was good, I don't think it was as good as the first one... but still a good watch and I will hope there is a extended cut of the movie to maybe flush some things out a little.

Yeah, the 3rd film is pretty much done except for the effects and maybe some reshoots, the word is that film 4/5 will generally be shot at the same time to save time/money. The movie has done well at 1.7bil total gross, so not bad and thats not counting any rental/bluray purchases or merchandise 🙂 and with #3 releasing in 12/2024 that should do well because there isn't a huge gap in movies.

They definitely set the ending of #2 up for more fighting 😉

ReplyQuote
Startrek_Karl5
(@startrek_karl5)
Petty Officer Registered

It is sure to be an exciting and thrilling experience for fans of the original movie.

ReplyQuote