Notifications
Clear all

Godzilla 2014

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator
Topic starter  

Hollywood takes another crack at the big G, hope it better than the last one.

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

If the trailer means anything, I think it looks pretty good. Plus with Bryan Cranston as the lead I will have to see this since he was great in breaking bad. Not sure but I think this is his first leading role?

ReplyQuote
Gunbladelad
(@gunbladelad)
Master Chief Registered

I've been to watch this in the cinema.

It is better than the Matthew Broderick one and brings back Godzilla's old "Laser breath" - as well as a couple of his old enemies from the Japanese movies.  Appearance-wise, he looks a lot closer to the old Japanese "guy in a suit" appearance than the "T-Rex on steroids" Matthew Broderick was chasing in his movie.

One small niggle I do have, is at the end of the movie.  Essentially half a city has been levelled, but on a screen (supposedly showing the news) there's the caption "Savior of our city?"  I personally think that would've been the last headline in the minds of anyone at that point.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Just watched it on DVD and the big G does look more like his old Toho films guy in a rubber monster suit, even the two new monster he does battle with look vaguely like some of his old foes.

I enjoyed watching the film but I have to say that it does not do anything new or at least nothing that you wont have seen before in a Godzilla film.

Wonder if they will ever get around to remaking King kong v Godzilla.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

I saw this last weekend as well and I enjoyed this, but my son loved it (was his first Godzilla movie). I know we all expect cities to be devastated and monsters to fight but as long as they do that well it should be all good. I think it would have been nice to dive more into the origins of Godzilla itself. But this outting was definitely better than the previous try. I think a sequel could be doable, but if battling King Kong has to happen Peter Jackson has to do it because he did an amazing job on King Kong.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Like to see Jackson take a crack at it or Del Toro who did Pacific Rim would be another good director for a monster mayhem movie.

ReplyQuote
Thorstip
(@thorstip)
Crewman Registered

Out of curiosity, where does the Rebirth of Mothra trilogy fit into the Heisei timeline? Is it after Godzilla and Mothra: Battle for Earth, after Godzilla vs. SpaceGodzilla, or what?

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

I assume you posted in the wrong forum and moved your post here.

As too the question I don't know.

ReplyQuote