Topic starter  

Here is my newest model,

briar1.jpg

briar2.jpg

briar3.jpg

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Looking good Chebar. You probably want to stick more of a bottom on that model because it seems a bit under armored 🙂

ReplyQuote
Chebar
(@chebar)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

I was thinking about diong something on the bottom, but I'm not sure what.

ReplyQuote
Chebar
(@chebar)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

updated,

hanger2.jpg

hanger5.jpg

hanger4.jpg

hanger3.jpg

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

You can definitely see the improvements and all the fine detail work you have been doing. Having any ideas on how to texture this? Be great to see it colorized and maybe with some lighting 🙂

Do you plan on putting any defensive weapons on it or will it rely on its shields?

ReplyQuote
Chebar
(@chebar)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

If Miner Wars wants it, i wont be putting any weapons on it. but if they don't want it I might put some on for fun. As far as the texturing well I've run into a small problem. It doesn't look like I can use blender to texture it, so I'm looking for a uv mapping program. So far I've played with two programs and I think I've got one that will work. I just need to buy it.

ReplyQuote
Chebar
(@chebar)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

hanger1.jpg

ReplyQuote
Chebar
(@chebar)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

here is an update on my hanger,

hanger7.jpg

hanger8.jpg

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

Besides the skinning Chebar did you add anything else to the model? It's hard to tell because it is dark. I like the inside on the walls. Chebar have you figured out how to make like a metallic looking texture? That would look perfect on the outer layer.

ReplyQuote
SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered

You should just download some free textures from the internet instead of trying to come up with your own. It will make it much easier for you and also allow you to spend more of your time on editing the model itself.

ReplyQuote
Chebar
(@chebar)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

I've tried to use textures that I've download but they don't look right. UV mapping is driving me crazy. I've tried a few different ways in blender and they all come out the same way. Maybe I need to read more about uv mapping. I've work on this model every night atleast 3 hour per night and I'm not getting this texture where it needs to be. Maybe I should take some classes on it. I'll keep trying to get this model looking better, it took me a few models before I got one that the Devs liked so I'm expecting my textures to be the same way.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

There has to be some vimeo or youtube videos on UV Mapping out there that are pretty good. Ever find yourself any good free UV Mapping programs Chebar?

ReplyQuote
Chebar
(@chebar)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

I have found out that as far as uv mapping goes, blender has one of the better ones built in already. So now I just need to learn how to use it.

ReplyQuote
Chebar
(@chebar)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

I think I finished it,

hanger10.jpg

hanger11.jpg

hanger12.jpg

hanger13.jpg

ReplyQuote
Chebar
(@chebar)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

just for fun, This took forever to upload to youtube. Does anyone know of a good file converter I can use to take this from a raw avi to something more uploading friendly.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

I'll watch the video when I get home, work blocks youtube 🙁

Getting better with the textures and you might want to try this software out for encoding avi to flv: http://www.rivavx.com/index.php?encoder&L=3

ReplyQuote