Notifications
Clear all

Ultimate unwrap 3d

Chebar
(@chebar)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

I'm looking at getting this program, but first I figured I'd see if anyone knew anything about it. Pros or cons. Thanks

http://www.unwrap3d.com/u3d/index.aspx

SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered

Why don't you get the demo and try it yourself ? Cause what others say it's good, it might be bad for you, so best would be to see for yourself.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

I would do more research on products too there might even be some great open source stuff out there too. With the right keyword search you could find something on google but try a search on sourceforge as well.

ReplyQuote
lotekk
(@lotekk)
Petty Officer Registered

I am using the 2.x version since years for unwrapping and special material setups that I need for my game engine. It makes a great model converter too with loads of plugins to convert even commercial game model formats. It's a good companion for those modeling packages that lack a proper uv mapping tool or are missing a certain export filter. But as SolCommand already stated, there's a demo available.

ReplyQuote
Chebar
(@chebar)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

I downloaded the demo, but you can save anything. So I can't export my model into gimp to color it. Thanks for the input, when I get the extra money I might buy it, but for now I think I got a better understanding on how to use uv mapping in Blender.

ReplyQuote