Notifications
Clear all

Line of Defense

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

Looks like 3000AD is working on another MMO as well called 'Line of Defense'. I might create a forum for this game once I see some of the spacescapes that were described in the press release. Here is a quick blurb about the upcoming game:

Article: http://www.3000ad.com/press/3000AD_11-0 ... cement.pdf

Quote:

3000AD, Inc, one of the industry's oldest independent game developers of several industry recognized brands such as Battlecruiser 3000AD, Universal Combat, Galactic Command and the All Aspects series of games, today announces Line Of Defense, its fifteenth video game for the PC.

In Line Of Defense (LOD), players will experience the thrill of pure war waged across

stunning planetary landscapes and space vistas.

Players will engage in combat as one of two opposing sides fighting for control of military

bases across various continents on contested planets and space regions.

As an infantry marine with access to various weapons of mass destruction, engage in

frontlines combat using land and naval vehicles, as well as various aircrafts and gunships.

Take the fight from planet to the regions of space above the contested planets as you

fight for supremacy and for all that is good – or evil – in a massive game world.

Featuring twitched based pure PvP mayhem with various character progressions,

classes, abilities and attributes, all set in a massive open persistent game world, experience the future of sci-fi warfare as you've never seen it before. Especially not of this scale and scope.

Line Of Defense is scheduled to be released for the PC later this year. For more

information about this exciting new game, please visit the primary website and FAQ at

http://lodmmo.com

I actually like the art style so far almost gives it a Borderlands feel to it...

5396399260_599fb29b33.jpg

5395805511_c88394e2d7.jpg

5395805025_8e70506848.jpg

5396400018_2c1c3d277e.jpg

5395799455_a1885ae7e2.jpg

SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered

Looking good ! Nice find Darkone. I've been on there website for the last 30 minutes now, looking at pics and stuff 🙂

ReplyQuote
darksmaster923
(@darksmaster923)
Petty Officer Registered

I'm liking that it has actual graphics this time

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

I am actually more interested in seeing how this comes out than Galactic Command Online. What is strange is that GCO has the same type of gameplay but I think there is more space gameplay in GCO. But not sure if that is a fact since I still need to see more shots or videos.

But overall looks like some nice work from 3000AD

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Sound a bit like Battle Field 2142 or StarWars Battlefield.

Seems a bit strange that they are doing two online games at once and I wonder if 3000ad have given up doing single player games. ❓

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

You never know... I wouldn't be surprised though. Micro-transactions is where its at nowadays and companies seem to be making good money off of it (if implemented right that is). Didn't know that 3000AD was staffed enough to work on two MMO's at once, I hope quality doesn't suffer.

ReplyQuote
Braindead
(@braindead)
Master Chief Registered

Rock Paper Shotgun did an interview with Derek Smart. It's quite a lengthy one and he talks about Alganon (MMORPG) and Line of Defense. Found here

ReplyQuote
Stardreamer
(@stardreamer)
Warrant Officer Registered

Braindead wrote:
Rock Paper Shotgun did an interview with Derek Smart. It's quite a lengthy one and he talks about Alganon (MMORPG) and Line of Defense. Found here

Hahaha. I've been on that thread all day arguing with some of the commenters. The usual 'Let's Get Derek Smart' shitstorm kicked off and I just saw red. My poor RPS!

If you're going to read the interview I'd stay well away from the comments! Don't get involved! 😀

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Interesting interview, answer part of my question as it looks like they are doing Line of Defence first then Galactic Command.

Love the summoning ritual 😆 😆 and I see Desk top Commander got a name check again. 😆

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

The interview I thought was pretty good overall and Derek Smart did have some pretty good comments in there. Looks like Line of Defense will be out at the end of the year and will be F2P so that really isn't that bad really. Didn't see it in the article but wonder if there will be some sort of tie in between this game and Galactic Command Online?

I do like LoD art style thus far, but in these games it is all about the FPS aspect of the game since Derek mentioned there will be no PvE in this game. And another plus is the fact it will be one world and no instancing.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Guess who's back
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/03 ... Shotgun%29

An entertaining read as ever.

Well, I'm just going to flat out say it: the space aspects in both of those games is just rubbish. Eve is more of an accountant’s spreadsheet in a space setting. When you look at the traditional space combat games, anyone who calls Eve one needs to be taken out back and shot.

😆 😆

ReplyQuote
CaptainKal
(@captainkal)
Commander Registered

Guess who's back
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/03 /a>... Shotgun%29

An entertaining read as ever.

Well, I'm just going to flat out say it: the space aspects in both of those games is just rubbish. Eve is more of an accountant’s spreadsheet in a space setting. When you look at the traditional space combat games, anyone who calls Eve one needs to be taken out back and shot.

Cry Havoc And Unleash The Dogs of War 😀 😀 😀

I think I will have to take a month of to play the last version of Universal Combat.

ReplyQuote
SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered

Took me a while to go through all those comments but man I haven't laughed so hard for a long time. Priceless.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

A lot of those comments were pretty funny but I have to say I liked the interview and I though Dereck Smart stated a few solid points about games and I hope Line of Defense lives up to his hype of it. MMO's are an expensive risk and you will find out in a few short months whether your going to sink or swim.

I did enjoy the trailer and if we can do all of those things in the game it will be fun.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Beta sign-ups are being accepted now.

http://lodmmo.com/

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Not heard anything about this in a long time, until last night when three short video popped up.

Think they all show the same thing? and does anyone know if they have now abandon Galactic Command.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

I believe the game will be F2P and also have subs or micro transactions. But I will never pay to get into a alpha/beta of a free MMO, I never understand that concept 🙂

I don't know what has become of Galactic Command, I know MMORPG has the game status as cancelled. Might have to remove this Galactic Command from the site.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Some more video have appeared narrated by you know who, check the YouTube channel for the other ones.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

I am actually kind of shocked the game isn't further along than this video shows. I mean Steam shows this went early access back in 9/2014....?

I do like the scale of everything but I get the feeling like your character is way to small for the environment that you are in. 3000AD has to really start impressing to get LoD back to a neutral rating on Steam because right now its Very Negative (haven't seen to many of those).

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Well they are still working on it and the mention F2P elements in this blog post...

http://lodgame.com/news/16-08-15/

ReplyQuote